New and Noteworthy
Complete list of bug fixes and enhancements in 0.21.0
- The embedded JDT compiler has been updated to the Luna version which supports Java 8 (bug 430986)
- If you use Java 7 or higher, symbolic links in product tar archives are now preserved as links in the archive instead of being inlined (bug 429809)
This is particularly useful for MacOS distributions which create a symbolic link to the launcher binary Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse. Also, it may now be interesting to create symbolic links via root files.
- Add support for 256x256 BMPs used for product icons on Windows (bug 433971)
- A regression in Tycho 0.20.0 has been fixed: Environment variables were not inherited to forked test processes (bug 431793)
- The embedded OSGi runtime used by Tycho during build has been updated to use Equinox and p2 from the Eclipse Luna release (bug 429442)
- The target-platform-validation-plugin can now check if a target file contains all transitive dependencies of its content (bug 434238). This may be useful for target files using includeMode="slicer" because it can detect if there may be dependency resolution problems when using the target file in a Tycho build.
- The reference documentation has been updated to provide a list of supported PDE build.properties keys