Tycho 0.21.0 is currently under development. This page shows a preview of features which will be available in the 0.21.0 milestone.
To try out the most recent snapshot build of 0.21.0, simply add the following snippet to your (parent) pom.xml, and set the property for the Tycho version (e.g. tycho-version) to 0.21.0-SNAPSHOT.
<pluginRepositories> <pluginRepository> <id>tycho-snapshots</id> <url>https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/tycho-snapshots/</url> </pluginRepository> </pluginRepositories>
SNAPSHOT site docs
New and Noteworthy
- The embedded OSGi runtime used by Tycho during build has been updated to use Equinox and p2 from the Eclipse Luna release (bug 429442)
- Use JDT compiler from Luna which is Java 8 enabled (bug 430986)
- If you use Java 7 or higher, symbolic links in product tar archives are now preserved as links in the archive instead of inlined.
This is mostly useful for MacOS distros which use a symbolic link to the launcher binary Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse or generally if you create symbolic links for root files. See bug 429809
- Add support for 256x256 BMPs used for product icons on Windows (bug 433971)
- A regression in Tycho 0.20.0 has been fixed: Environment variables were not inherited to forked test processes (bug 431793)