This page shows a preview of features which will be available in the 0.18.0 milestone.
New and Noteworthy
This is mostly a bug-fix release in time for the Eclipse Kepler release train.
Target Platform & Dependency Resolution
- Include new Kepler RC2 version of p2. In particular, this includes fixes for p2 bugs 406902, 408691, 406960, 406942
- (INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE) The build now fails if a p2 repository is referenced that has installable units from an old-style update site. These so-called "partial IUs" cannot be used for dependency resolution and used to be silently dropped from the target platform. This often lead to strange resolution problems (
bug 380438, question on stackoverflow). Now the build fails with a clear error message. If this incompatible change is a problem for your build, please report it on the tycho-user mailing list.
- Added support for bundled Mac OS X applications (bugs 378021, 407676)
Please note that you have to apply a workaround if you want to use this new p2 feature
- Several source bundle/feature generation fixes/enhancements
- bin.includes from license features now taken over into generated source features (Bug 403950)
- Source feature branding bundle can now be configured (Bug 407706)
- Source feature.xml now has line-breaks, indentation and an XML declaration (Bug 408168)
- Allow to include non-root content in source bundle (Bug 407172)
- Stricter and OSGi-specific MANIFEST syntax validation yielding better error messages (Bug 383192)