Tycho 0.17.0 has been staged for release.
New and Noteworthy
- The JDT compiler bundled with Tycho has been updated to Kepler M6.
- The tycho-compiler-plugin has a new compilerArgs parameter that allows to specify arbitrary compiler arguments (see bug 400307)
- The compilation bootclasspath can now be customized in toolchains.xml when using useJDK=BREE (bug 389856).
- low-level configuration errors will now fail the build (bug 385613)
- annotation processor arguments (-Akey=value) are now supported
Target Platform & Dependency Resolution
- (INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE) Default execution environment is now consistently J2SE-1.5, see Tycho/Execution Environments.
If after migrating to 0.17.0, you see p2 resolution errors for packages added to the JDK with version 1.6 or later, you need to explicitly configure the default execution environment.
- It is now possible to specify multiple target files in target-platform-configuration. Note that these target files are resolved separately, i.e. they each need to resolve successfully when opened with the target editor in Eclipse. Also note that it is not possible to activate multiple target files in the Eclipse PDE (see bug 392652).
- p2 repository and proxy authentication now works with maven-encrypted passwords (bug 386910 and bug 394023)
- The Equinox and p2 versions bundled with Tycho has been updated to Kepler M6.
- This includes an update to a new major version (4.1.3) of the bundled Apache httpclient library.
- Nested jars: add support for custom MANIFESTs (bug 400901) and distinct source folders in source bundles (bug 400956)
- Root files: root.permissions now supports ant-style file wildcards (bug 361204)
- Unit tests can now run on pre-filled workspace data (bug 401288)
- Source feature generation has been improved, docs updated accordingly:
- (BEHAVIORAL CHANGE) No longer rely on existence of magic folder sourceTemplateFeature/ when determining whether to generate a source feature
- Label, description, branding plugin and other attributes are now taken over from the original feature by default. See bugs 374349, 375165 and 378424 for details. It's recommended to rely on feature.properties to set name and other text values in the original feature; then you can easily customize/override the generated source feature values by creating a sourceTemplateFeature/feature.properties file if required
- Documentation for the Maven plugins from tycho-extras published
- (INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE) Runtime of tycho-eclipserun-plugin is now resolved from explicitly configured p2 repositorie(s) only (see bug 395281 for details and migration guide)
- The mirror goal of tycho-p2-extras-plugin now allows to skip downloading pack200 artifacts and supports p2 query language. See Tycho/Additional Tools
- tycho-versions-plugin will now also update versions of .product files in eclipse-repository projects
- (INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE) remove duplicated compiler invocation for eclipse-test-plugin (bug 383866)