Tycho 0.17.0 is currently in development. This page shows a preview of features which will be available in the 0.17.0 milestone.
To try the most recent snapshot build of 0.17.0, simply add the following snippet to your (parent) pom.xml, and set the property for the Tycho version (e.g. tycho-version) to 0.17.0-SNAPSHOT.
<pluginRepositories> <pluginRepository> <id>tycho-snapshots</id> <url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/</url> </pluginRepository> </pluginRepositories>
New and Noteworthy
- Source feature generation usability has been improved, docs updated accordingly:
- (BEHAVIORAL CHANGE) no longer rely on existence of magic folder sourceTemplateFeature/ when determining whether to generate a source feature
- Label, description, branding plugin and other attributes are now taken over from the original feature by default. See bugs 374349, 375165 and 378424 for details. It's recommended to rely on feature.properties to set name and other text values in the original feature; then you can easily customize/override the generated source feature values by creating a sourceTemplateFeature/feature.properties file if required
- JDT compiler as well as Equinox and p2 versions used by tycho have been updated to Kepler M6.
Note that the new p2 version also brings a new major version 4.1.3 of the underlying from apache httpclient library
- Documentation for the plugins from tycho-extras published
- (INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE) default execution environment has been fixed to J2SE-1.5, see Tycho/Execution Environments.
If after migrating to 0.17.0, you see p2 resolution errors for packages added to the JDK with version 1.6 or later, you need to explicitly configure the default execution environment.
- (INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE) Runtime of tycho-eclipserun-plugin is now resolved from explicitly configured p2 repositorie(s) only (see bug 395281 for details and migration guide)
- The mirror goal of tycho-p2-extras-plugin now allows to skip downloading pack200 artifacts and supports p2 query language. See Tycho/Additional Tools
- The tycho-compiler-plugin has a new compilerArgs parameter that allows to specify arbitrary compiler arguments (see bug 400307)
- It is now possible to specify multiple target files in target-platform-configuration. Note that these target files are resolved separately, i.e. they each need to resolve successfully when opened with the target editor in Eclipse. Also note that it is not possible to activate multiple target files in the Eclipse PDE (see bug 392652).
- The compilation bootclasspath can now be customized in toolchains.xml when using useJDK=BREE (bug 389856).
- Add support for custom MANIFESTs in nested jars (bug 400901)
- Unit tests can now run on pre-filled workspace data (bug 401288)
- p2 repository and proxy authentication now works with maven-encrypted passwords (bug 386910 and bug 394023)
- Root files: root.permissions now supports ant-style file wildcards (bug 361204)
- low-level configuration errors will now fail the build (bug 385613)
- annotation processor arguments (-Akey=value) are now supported
- tycho-versions-plugin will now also update versions of .product files in eclipse-repository projects
- (INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE) remove duplicated compiler invocation for eclipse-test-plugin (bug 383866)