Tycho 0.17.0 is currently in development. This page shows a preview of features which will be available in the 0.17.0 milestone.
To try the most recent snapshot build of 0.17.0, simply add the following snippet to your (parent) pom.xml, and set the property for the Tycho version (e.g. tycho-version) to 0.17.0-SNAPSHOT.
<pluginRepositories> <pluginRepository> <id>tycho-snapshots</id> <url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/</url> </pluginRepository> </pluginRepositories>
New and Noteworthy
- (INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE) default execution environment has been fixed to J2SE-1.5, see Tycho/Execution Environments.
If after migrating to 0.17.0, you see resolution errors for packages added to the JDK with 1.6 or later, you need to explicitly configure the default execution environment.
- (INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE) Runtime of tycho-eclipserun-plugin is now resolved from explicitly configured p2 repositorie(s) only (see bug 395281 for details and migration guide)
- Source feature generation usability has been improved, docs updated accordingly:
- (BEHAVIORAL CHANGE) no longer rely on existence of magic folder sourceTemplateFeature/ when determining whether to generate a source feature
- Label, description, branding plugin and other attributes are now taken over from the original feature by default. See bugs 374349, 375165 and 378424 for details. It's recommended to rely on feature.properties to set name and other text values in the original feature; then you can easily customize/override the generated source feature values by creating a sourceTemplateFeature/feature.properties file if required
- The mirror goal of tycho-p2-extras-plugin now allows to skip downloading pack200 artifacts as well as selecting IUs to mirror using the p2 query language. See Tycho/Additional Tools
- The tycho-compiler-plugin has a new compilerArgs parameter that allows to specify arbitrary compiler argument (see bug 400307)
- It is now possible to specify multiple target files in target-platform-configuration. Note that these target files are resolved separately, i.e. they each need to resolve successfully when opened with the target editor in Eclipse. Also note that it is not possible to activate multiple target files in the Eclipse PDE (see bug 392652).
- The compilation bootclasspath can now be customized in toolchains.xml when using useJDK=BREE (bug 389856).