Tycho 0.17.0 is currently in development. This page shows a preview of features which will be available in the 0.17.0 release.
To try the most recent snapshot build of 0.17.0, simply add the following snippet to your (parent) pom.xml, and set the property for the Tycho version (e.g. tycho-version) to 0.17.0-SNAPSHOT.
<pluginRepositories> <pluginRepository> <id>tycho-snapshots</id> <url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/</url> </pluginRepository> </pluginRepositories>
New and Noteworthy
- (INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE) default execution environment has been fixed to J2SE-1.5, see Tycho/Execution Environments
- (INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE) Runtime of tycho-eclipserun-plugin is now resolved from explicitly configured p2 repositorie(s) only (see bug 395281 for details and migration guide)
- Source feature generation usability has been improved:
- (BEHAVIORAL CHANGE) no longer rely on existence of magic folder sourceTemplateFeature/ when determining whether to generate a source feature
- Label, description, branding plugin and other attributes are now taken over from the original feature by default. See bugs 374349, 375165 and 378424 for details. It's recommended to rely on feature.properties to set name and other text values in the original feature; then you can easily customize/override the generated source feature values by creating a sourceTemplateFeature/feature.properties file if required
- The mirror goal of tycho-p2-extras-plugin now allows to skip downloading pack200 artifacts as well as selecting IUs to mirror using the p2 query language. See Tycho/Additional Tools
- Compiler plugin now supports annotation processor arguments of the form -Akey=value (bug 393387)
- The compilation bootclasspath can now be customized in toolchains.xml when using useJDK=BREE (bug 389856).