Tools PMC Meeting 2009-12-15
Revision as of 15:45, 15 December 2009 by David williams.us.ibm.com
Time: 2:00 PM Eastern
Conference number: North America 1 866-842-3549, Ottawa 613-787-5018, Passcode: 6046633
- If passcode is not recognized. After the third failure, you will be transferred to an operator who will ask for the conference ID (6046633), sponsoring company (IBM) and meeting organizer (Anthony Hunter).
- Pressing *0 will bring you directly to an operator.
- Doug Schaefer, David Williams. Anthony Hunter, John Duimovich, Jeff McAffer
This meeting was not at our normal time, due to holidays, and was arranged for this time on tools pmc list.
- Discuss COBOL project termination review
- It was decided:
- We will schedule termination review for mid-February, which would give time for Sebastiano or others to counter with Continuation Review.
- davidw to let Mike know, reply with general plan on cobol-dev list, and send termination review materials to emo. (Review materials were presented and approved during meeting).
- John will "grease the skids" (my idiom, not his) with current owners and potential future owners, to see if some help would be forth coming in any potential transition.
- Confirm pmc membership and if meeting times ok (fouth Wednesday of each month, at 2 PM Eastern time).
- Time was ok with everyone on the phone.
- John will followup with those not on the phone.
- Doug will (still) kick off the project leads meeting ... moved to Jan.
- We will ask for 2 to 4 page (max) project summary
- Particular interest in Helios Plans and pain points
Future Notes for potential discussion
- What is the tools project about, what is the scope?
- Why do we have fewer rules?
- Should we review our charter?
- What projects belong in tools?
- Maybe we should take another run at moving JDT and PDE into tools?