Tools PMC Meeting 2009-09-23
Revision as of 20:49, 5 December 2013 by David williams.acm.org (archive)
Time: 2:00 PM Eastern
Conference number: North America 1 866-842-3549, Ottawa 613-787-5018, Passcode: 6046633
- If passcode is not recognized. After the third failure, you will be transferred to an operator who will ask for the conference ID (6046633), sponsoring company (IBM) and meeting organizer (Anthony Hunter).
- Pressing *0 will bring you directly to an operator.
- Doug Schaefer, David Williams, John Duimovich
- Doug will (still) kick off the project leads meeting
- We will ask for 2 to 4 page (max) project summary
- Particular interest in Helios Plans and pain points
- Will hold at time/date of next PMC scheduled call ... or, in about 2 weeks.
- Philosophical discussion of crowd-sourcing software development.
- Discussed multi-core issues and power consumption trade-offs, and John nearly burned down his house!
- Should Linux Tools become part of Tools project? (Doug will explore?)
- John commented he feared the notes would say that we PMC members are clowns.
Future Notes for potential discussion
- What is the tools project about, what is the scope?
- Why do we have fewer rules?
- Should we review our charter?
- What projects belong in tools?
- Maybe we should take another run at moving JDT and PDE into tools?