Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "Tools PMC Meeting 2009-01-29"

(New page: Time: 11:00 AM Eastern Conference number: North America 1 866-842-3549, Ottawa 613-787-5018, Passcode: 6046633 * If passcode is not recognized. After the third failure, you will be trans...)
 
m (archive)
 
(5 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 8: Line 8:
 
===Attendees===
 
===Attendees===
 
* Anthony Hunter
 
* Anthony Hunter
 +
* Doug Schaefer
 +
* Jeff McAffer
  
 
===Topics===
 
===Topics===
 
* When is a good time for regular calls going forward.
 
* When is a good time for regular calls going forward.
* Galileo: check everyone on board.
+
** Agreed that afternoons would be best.
** Who is watching what projects.
+
** Leaning towards 1:00 or 2:00 on Wednesdays.
 +
** Once a month PMC calls should be good.
 +
** Anthony to send another one of those polls.
 +
* Orbit
 +
** Jeff proposed that since Dave Williams is doing most of the work anyway, Dave should be the project lead for Orbit.
 +
** We need to verify with the EMO (Bjorn?) but we think that if the tools PMC is in agreement, we are done (i.e. there is no vote required).
 +
* Tools PMC Call / Tools PMC Membership
 +
** We think that it would be a good idea to get more tools project leads to attend these calls.
 +
** Broaden our base and get more people involved.
 +
** experienced project leads are good candidates for the tools PMC.
 +
*** Following from above, Dave Williams would be a good candidate for the tools PMC.
 +
** We agree that all tools project leads should attend the tools PMC calls going forward.
 +
* Linux Distos project becoming the Linux tools project
 +
** Doug would like to move this project into tools, would be a good fit.
 +
** memory analysis, profile tools, etc. specific to Linux and closely related to CDT.
 +
** Andrew Overholt is the lead, appreciates Doug's mentorship,
 +
** The focus for the project is now as Eclipse as an IDE for Linux.
 +
** Community is growing, spearheaded by Ericsson.
 +
** Doug will be working with Andrew on the transition.
 
* Project status
 
* Project status
** COBOL
+
** COBOL - Bjorn
** VE
+
** VE - not sure how was checking, but Anthony will investigate.
* Other
+
* Galileo
 +
** Anthony will continue to attend planning council calls on behalf of the Tools PMC.
  
[[Category:Tools_Meetings]]
+
===Actions===
 +
* Anthony - Confirm the next tools PMC meeting. Invite the other tools leads (get them on the tools PMC list as well).
 +
* Bjorn - Process for Dave Williamson to become the project lead for Orbit.
 +
* Bjorn - get an update on COBOL project status
 +
* Anthony - get an update on VE project status
 +
[[Category:Tools_Meetings_Archives]]

Latest revision as of 19:34, 5 December 2013

Time: 11:00 AM Eastern

Conference number: North America 1 866-842-3549, Ottawa 613-787-5018, Passcode: 6046633

  • If passcode is not recognized. After the third failure, you will be transferred to an operator who will ask for the conference ID (6046633), sponsoring company (IBM) and meeting organizer (Anthony Hunter).
  • Pressing *0 will bring you directly to an operator.

Attendees

  • Anthony Hunter
  • Doug Schaefer
  • Jeff McAffer

Topics

  • When is a good time for regular calls going forward.
    • Agreed that afternoons would be best.
    • Leaning towards 1:00 or 2:00 on Wednesdays.
    • Once a month PMC calls should be good.
    • Anthony to send another one of those polls.
  • Orbit
    • Jeff proposed that since Dave Williams is doing most of the work anyway, Dave should be the project lead for Orbit.
    • We need to verify with the EMO (Bjorn?) but we think that if the tools PMC is in agreement, we are done (i.e. there is no vote required).
  • Tools PMC Call / Tools PMC Membership
    • We think that it would be a good idea to get more tools project leads to attend these calls.
    • Broaden our base and get more people involved.
    • experienced project leads are good candidates for the tools PMC.
      • Following from above, Dave Williams would be a good candidate for the tools PMC.
    • We agree that all tools project leads should attend the tools PMC calls going forward.
  • Linux Distos project becoming the Linux tools project
    • Doug would like to move this project into tools, would be a good fit.
    • memory analysis, profile tools, etc. specific to Linux and closely related to CDT.
    • Andrew Overholt is the lead, appreciates Doug's mentorship,
    • The focus for the project is now as Eclipse as an IDE for Linux.
    • Community is growing, spearheaded by Ericsson.
    • Doug will be working with Andrew on the transition.
  • Project status
    • COBOL - Bjorn
    • VE - not sure how was checking, but Anthony will investigate.
  • Galileo
    • Anthony will continue to attend planning council calls on behalf of the Tools PMC.

Actions

  • Anthony - Confirm the next tools PMC meeting. Invite the other tools leads (get them on the tools PMC list as well).
  • Bjorn - Process for Dave Williamson to become the project lead for Orbit.
  • Bjorn - get an update on COBOL project status
  • Anthony - get an update on VE project status