In order to track and provision the existing vehicles, Toast includes a rich user interface based on the Remote Application Platform.
Install RAP Tooling
- The RAP Tooling contains the runtime and some tooling that eases RAP development.
- Help → Install New Software
- Add Update Site: http://download.eclipse.org/rt/rap/1.2/update
- Check "Rich Ajax Platform SDK (RAP)", version 1.2
- Restart Eclipse after the installation is done
- On the Welcome page, click "Rich Ajax Platform (RAP)"
- On the next page, click “Install Target Platform”
Setup the Toast workspace
- Connect to the repo at ":pserver:dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/technology" using a login name of "anonymous" and no password and navigate to"/org.eclipse.examples/toast"
- Checkout the “Toast” project
- Use toast-pserver.psf to import all projects
- Close all projects in the "Client" working set
- Open "Toast/toast-rap.target" and set this as your active target platform
- This target includes several other frameworks besides RAP (eg. EMF, EclipseLink )
Run Toast with different designs
- Run → Run Configurations → Toast RAP UI
- Be sure to adjust the paths on the “Arguments” tab to match your environment
- On tab “Main”, set the “Servlet Name” to “rap”
- On tab “Main”, set the “Entry Point” to “toast”
- On tab “Bundles”, make sure that your configuration is sane by pressing the “Validate Bundles” button
- Be sure to include the bundle “org.eclipse.rap.design.example”
- Launch the application with the “Run” button
The launcher will open up a browser window with the Toast demo running without any design. You can launch Toast with different designs by changing the attribute of the servlet name to one of the following
- rap (standard design)
- fancy (only with 1.3 RAP runtime)