Tigerstripe Project Status
< To: Tigerstripe
We are holding a number of standing meetings to cover various aspects of Tigerstripe.
|Community Meetings||Discuss status of project, upcoming events, roadmap, releases.||Mondays 8am-9am PST|
|Design Meetings||Focused on design discussions, bug resolution, and general development related discussions.||TBD|
As part of the transition from being a commercial product to becoming an open-source, community supported framework we will focus on a number of topics:
- Support for migration: when open-sourcing the code, the namespace was changed. As a result all plugins written for the old API will need to be adjusted to the new namespace.
- Adhere to Eclipse Release Processes: we are hoping to provide early builds of the Open-Source code base in January, as soon as Eclipse Legal has cleared some of our remaining 3rd party .jar use. We will use the incubation period to polish the code and our releases.
- Evolve legacy to latest Eclipse Frameworks: because the development of Tigerstripe started over 3 years ago, some legacy code duplicates the functionalities offered by now existing Eclipse Frameworks. We are actively working to remove duplication and replace with the latest available Eclipse components.
- Enhance the existing framework: a number of functionalities have been in the pipeline and will be added as expected.
- Community build-up: Tigerstripe has a growing User Community. Now that it is open-source, we will strive to gather a community also including contributors and additional committers as appropriate.
A detailed roadmap for the first 6-9 months of 2008 is available here.