Tigerstripe Headless Generation Tutorial
< To: Tigerstripe_Tutorials
NOTE THIS IS A DRAFT PAGE
This tutorial will show you how to configure Tigerstripe to run code generations in a headless environment. This will allow you to incorporate Tigerstripe's code generation functionality into a build chain using many of the commonly available build tools, specifically Maven 2.
See the Tigerstripe Installation Tutorial page for instructions on installing the Tigerstripe Workbench.
Importing an Example Model
- Download the sample Tigerstripe model project OrderManagement.zip.
- Start Eclipse and then open the Tigerstripe Workbench perspective.
- Import the sample project, OrderManagement.zip into the Tigerstripe Workbench.
- Verify that the project is in your Tigerstripe Explorer pane.
Installing Tigerstripe generators
Running a generation from the command line
Now that the Tigerstripe workbench is set up and the Tigerstripe generators have been installed and tested you can invoke a generation run from the command line. The Eclipse mechanism for running in a headless environment will be used to accomplish this.
The following command/syntax invokes a headless generation:
eclipsec -nosplash -data <workspace> -application org.eclipse.tigerstripe.workbench.headless.tigerstripe <referenced projects> <generation project>
- <workspace> - The path of the workspace that contains the required projects
- <generation project> - The project that will be generated. Defined by the key/value pair: GENERATION_PROJECT=<PROJECT_PATH>
- <referenced projects> - The referenced projects required for generation. Defined by the key/value pair: PROJECT_IMPORT=<PROJECT_PATH>
Run a headless model generation using the Tigerstripe Workbench
@echo off REM Set below to match your current configuration set ECLIPSE_HOME=C:\eclipse set WORKSPACE=C:\workspace set HEADLESS_PLUGIN=org.eclipse.tigerstripe.workbench.headless.tigerstripe set PROJECT=GENERATION_PROJECT=%WORKSPACE%\OrderManagement REM Use below to define referenced projects REM set REFERENCE_ONE= PROJECT_IMPORT=%WORKSPACE%\ReferencedProjectOne REM set REFERENCE_TWO= PROJECT_IMPORT=%WORKSPACE%\ReferencedProjectTwo %ECLIPSE_HOME%\eclipsec -nosplash -data %WORKSPACE% -application %HEADLESS_PLUGIN% %PROJECT%
- Download wincmdline.zip (above) and unzip the .bat file in a handy location
- Verify that the .bat file parameters are set correctly for your system
- Execute the batch file to initiate model generation (Note: output may vary based on version)
- Verify generation by navigating to <workspace>OrderManagement\target\tigerstripe.gen\xml. Verify that OrderManagement.xml is a xml based representation of the example model