Template:Riena/Setting up the IDE
Setting up the IDE
To get started with Riena, it's recommended to set up Eclipse with the Riena Toolbox installed.
Download Eclipse for RCP and RAP Developers and start with a blank workspace.
Start Eclipse and install the Riena Toolbox:
- Open the Eclipse Install dialog from the main menu (Help > Install New Software...).
- Select all components from http://download.eclipse.org/rt/riena/toolbox/20120424
- Uncheck "Contact all update sites during install to find required software"
- Complete the installation (Eclipse will ask you to restart)
Next you need to install the Riena runtime. This is done by setting Riena as the Target Platform. The Target Platform is the foundation for your Riena based application.
- Install Target Platform based on RCP
- Install Target Platform based on RAP
- Install Target Platform based on Eclipse 3.x (RCP)
Note: The Target Platform version is not related to the IDE version you are using.