Team thoughts on continuous improvement 30
WTP 3.0 Debriefing 07/10/2008
Following our WTP 3.0 release, we'd like to have a short meeting with committers and contributors to discuss possible ways our project might improve.. These include things that you think we did well in this release and things that you think should be changed or improvements that can be made, process changes, etc. This feedback will become critical to our success for our next major release
Please use this page to express priorities, make notes, and brainstorm as many ideas as possible. This will serve as a seed list for the meeting on July 10th, 2008.
Things we've done well
- WTP 3.0 and Ganymede EPP package delivered successfully.
- Quick response time on critical questions from all teams
- Great number of bugs resolved
- Completing smoketest online and declaration of drivers
- Much better better experience from here than past release
- RAMP down was more smooth this time, less pushing of the envelop
- late last minute additions
- exception process, less drastic
- WTP is more mature in 3.0 than 2.0
- Planning process, keeping planning up to date, Raghu, kept on updating the plan throughout the release, keeping the plan up to date, Great job Raghu!
Things we'd like to improve on
- Eliminate build issues, JUnit failures, build breakages History
- Improve collaboration:
- in resolving WTP-wide issues: infrastructure, architectural, etc.
- in organizing subproject teamwork when team members are spread across the world.
- More educational material for users: articles, tutorials, documentation, etc.