Revision as of 18:40, 5 October 2006 by Fullerbuckminster.yahoo.com
< To: Buckminster Project
Buckminster Milestone 3. Completion Q3 2006
- -Clean up and restructure- CSPEC and some related mechanisms
- Remove 'targets' concept (outdated)
- Remove use of 'buckminster' URL as a query vehicle (only internally used and is better modeled differently)
- Add component name/version attributes to the data
- In principle this is redundant information, but there are times when it can be necessary and/or useful. However, it must be described on exactly when and how the data is used and what happens when it conflicts with implicit information. There are also implications for CQUERY advisor nodes.
- Complete the CSPEC and associated functionality
- Define actions XML & Model/interface (including persistence model
- Implement action driven evaluation using actors
- Improve CSPEC generators to include actions. Build of PDE artifacts in special
- Update the documentation to reflect new generation and CSPEC elements
- Removed all deprecated stuff after some announced grace period.
Merge XML schemas. We only need three; cspec, rmap, and meta-data.
- A basic 'update site' provider
- Headless/packaging docs
- Generally clean up
- Add sections on calling directly from Java and from Ant
Not yet prioritized items to complete before the 1.0 final release. Completion Q4 2006
- Better editors for several basic formats (tentative: use Eclipse Forms)
- Create Trailblazers for common usecases
- Replace metadata persistence mechanism
- Use a DB (e.g. Derby) instead of XML
- Integrate full Manifest services (checksums etc) into Bill-of-materials
- General refactoring
- Make headless core product much smaller
- Improve separation of concern
Misc possibilities - undecided and no timeframe
- Disconnect headless entirely from Buckminster, possibly offer for general RCP use
- Turn into article: 'Implementing a headless framework' and 'Implementing a headless progress monitor'