Talk:Planning Council/June 03 2015
< Talk:Planning Council
Revision as of 11:54, 3 June 2015 by Nickboldt.gmail.com (Notes from Nick Boldt re: possible new simrel release strategy)
- 3-month fixed cadence. Perhaps doing a major R0 in May, then 3 backwards-compatible maintenance releases: MR1 in Aug, MR2 in Nov, MR3 in Feb. Upgrade should be 100% possible within the simrel.
- Projects can (continue to) join the simrel at any time, rather than ONLY getting on the train before M5 (March) of the R0 (June). I personally think the notion of declaring intent 3 months before a release date still makes sense, as it gives time to do IPzilla review, etc.
- Should +0 and +1 projects have the restrictions on them from an API / UI perspective be the same as +2 and +3 projects? How would you police that?
- Could we have auditing tools to check for projects who are on the train but miss a couple milestones or change their BREE requirement unexpectedly (eg., Sapphire 9.0.0.x) ?
- Calls would benefit from a live-editable etherpad or other tool so that minutes can be collected live and missed points can be added by anyone. For example... http://ether-man.rhcloud.com/p/Planning_Council_June_03_2015