Talk:Graphical Modeling Framework/Documentation
Hi gang; I can only agree with the earlier comment. My first recommendation, is to test, fix and verify: ALL, EVERY and EACH link on this AS WELL as All the other tutorial pages. Fore example.
- You can't run the "mindmap" tutorial without the 'mindmap.ecore' model file and yet, the CVS path is broken to that (currently up to date) file. Hmmm -- Good enough for you perhaps. Not so hot for persons wishing to adopt the GMF toolset.
- I'm currently using Juno, the e4 platform is in beta -- Why does this demo depend on Helios?
- I think things like ecore models ought to be somewhat static. This is just a tutorial. Does it need to be under CVS control?
- Most of all fix the links. Then fix the step-by-step instructions. Fix the screen shots with invald CVS path strings.
- MOST of all after all those, the Ecliopse "Cheat Sheet" for GMF needs fixing!
I wouldn't mind helping fix these things, it is a good way for me to learn more (or get started). To do that I/we need the people who made this thing last to contribute to the party. I note the previous comment is over two years old. Product information is just as important as the bug fixes and engagement with the end-users.
Can I cncourage people to take old of an oar and start rowing!
The instructions to get the GMF example is absolutely frustrating. When I downloaded Helios, it does not include the GMF plugins. From the update site, it got even more hairy, it kept complaining that some dependencies are not satisfied. I then downloaded the zip files and manually installed the GMF plugin. When I tried opening the example project it errored out: The selected wizard could not be started.
Plug-in org.eclipse.gmf.examples.runtime.ui.pde was unable to load class org.eclipse.gmf.examples.ui.pde.internal.wizards.ProjectUnzipperNewWizard. org.eclipse.gmf.examples.ui.pde.internal.wizards.ProjectUnzipperNewWizard
This is abysmal. Can somebody provide clear cut instructions on how to open a sample project, which seems to be something very fundamental.