This page shall provide a discussion about the EMF Editor and about some improvements:
Please try to reflect the structure of the main page and please explain the current situation on the main page before starting a discussion about:
The code generator produces just 4 classes. That is nice in the first place because you get fast a overview on all but if you take a look into the editor class (the first and the second time) it is almost unmanageable.
There is so many stuff included ....
As you can see the editor extends directly the MultiPageEditorPart and implements the following interfaces:
One idea is to move all the ISelectionProvider relevant methodes into a separate super class and extend the editor class wiht it. (e.g. SelectionProviderEditorPart )
Because each standard EMF editor uses a AdapterFactoryEditingDomain to track the changes in the model IHMO it make sense to define a abstract class some standard definitions.
Here some ideas of this (see AbstractEMFEditorPart )
- the definition of AdapterFactoryEditingDomain and ComposedAdapterFactory
- provide a standard implementation of getAdapter
- add getPropertySheetPage and getContentOutlinePage
- a generic implementation of ContentPropertySheetPage instead to define always an anonym class
- implement the IEditingDomainProvider interface