After going through examples and reading various posts, article. I got a basic understanding but still a long way to go.
It looks that for minimum implementation for my custom file system: I have to extend FileStore & FileSystem class. Provide extension point org.eclipse.core.filesystem.filesystems to register my scheme.
But I can't find a way to use my FieStore instead of IFile. Though I can access/instantiate it by using method EFS.getStore.
But I am looking to get IResource/IFile so that I can use in some of my Editors and I don’t have to create temp local files. How do I get IFile when I have an instance of FileStore?
- I have added a section called 'The relationship between EFS and IResource' to the wiki page, does that answer your questions? --John arthorne.ca.ibm.com 14:01, 9 August 2006 (EDT)
- Thanks John thats very helpful.
Zip and Memory file systems CVS Location
The location for the zip example seems to be wrong. Couldn't find the repository--Tom.seidel.spiritlink.de 06:32, 8 August 2006 (EDT)
- It looks correct to me. Here is what the repository connection string looks like: ":pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/eclipse" --John arthorne.ca.ibm.com 14:01, 9 August 2006 (EDT)
- I think it is "/cvsroot/org.eclipse" instead of "/cvsroot/eclipse" for zip and memory file systems examples.
- John -- the http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/EFS page shows the zip examples as "CVS: dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/org.eclipse/www/eclipse/platform-ui/plugins/org.eclipse.ui.examples.filesystem"
- NB I've found the tools. The URL is http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/www/eclipse/platform-ui/plugins/org.eclipse.ui.examples.filesystem/?cvsroot=Eclipse_Website
Search and FileStore files
It looks that default search (org.eclipse.search) feature is not working for FileStore based files. It does get all the linked files and calls openInputStream method on them to get contents but TextSearchVisitor.processFile does not search on the returned contents, may be it treats them as binary. Any idea how can it be solved?