Difference between revisions of "TM Future Planning"
m (RSE 2.0 Planning moved to TM 2.0 Planning)
m (TM 2.0 Planning moved to TM Future Planning: Keep this as a permanent Wiki for things beyond the current project plan)
Revision as of 16:15, 4 April 2007
Collect input for the planning process for Target Management 2.0 and beyond. Goals of this page are
- Collect ideas and Requirements for Target Management 2.0 and beyond
- Find out who needs what features
- Find out who would be willing to work on what
Our Themes and Priorities need to be aligned with the global and DSDP Requirements. As soon as a feature description is sufficiently clear and there is some group supporting a feature, Bugzilla entries should be used for tracking requests.
Target Management 2.0 will be released with Eclipse 3.3 - presumably end of June 2007. See the Eclipse 3.3 plan and the Europa_Simultaneous_Release#Milestones_and_Release_Candidates.
Planned Items for TM 2.0
See the official TM 2.0 Project Plan for details on target environment and timing.
See bugzilla plan items for latest status of items.
|170909||DaveD||Contribute User Actions and Import/Export from RSE7||12 wks|
|163820||KushalM||[plan] Allow encoding of remote files to be specified|
|170910||MartinO||[plan] Integrate the TM Terminal View with RSE||3 wks|
|170911||JavierM||[plan] Improve Discovery and Autodetect in RSE|
|170923||DaveD||[plan][api] Improve UI/Non-UI splitting in RSE. Support headless launches.||4 wks (partial solution)|
|170932||DaveD||[plan] Improve the RSE default persistence provider|
|170936||DaveD||[plan] Add full support for Macintosh (making it a Reference Platform)|
|170926||DaveM||[plan] Improve the Remote File Service APIs|
|150498||JavierM||[plan] RSE should be more service-oriented|
|170916||KushalM||[plan][efs] Fix and improve the RSE EFS integration||4 wks|
|170918||MartinO||[plan] Improve RSE SystemType and New Connection Wizard flexibility||6 wks|
|170915||MartinO||[plan] Adopt Eclipse Platform 3.3 concepts in RSE|
|170922||MartinO||[plan] Optimize RSE APIs - Remove obsolete API|
Items for future releases beyond 2.0
- (Interest: WR) Integrate improved Launching as defined by the Launching group
- Currently being discussed with Robert Norton on the dsd-tm-dev list
- ILaunchAction may also be used for board lab hooks
- Add hooks for Lab Managers to integrate with RSE (checkin / check out target boards, discover target boards)
- Implementation might be facilitated by ILaunchAction hooks
- (Interest: WR) Define a standard for remote system properties as defined by the Spirit group (146090)
- Re-think RSE SystemMessages: Do we need XML when we have Eclipse NLS / Java MessageFormat?
- E.g. DStore_Service_Percent_Complete_Message -- multiple transformations for substitution
- (Interest: IBM,WR) Improve Shell Pattern Matching on the client
- Allow user-defined patterns (153274)
- Provide an extension point for patterns but not let the user edit them
- Server-side patterns vs. client-side patterns, want to have them consistent
- Server-side file can be modified by the users, located in dstore daemon
- Client-side patterns buried inside the jarfile --> copy it out of JAR into preferences on first start, allow users to modify through Preferences
- (Interest: WR) Add Multicore / Multisystem capabilities to the RSE Tree
- Support target groups as defined by the Connection Groups initiative
- Filters on 1st level of System View (164807)
- View for working with multiple shells concurrently exists
- Right now we have grouping by profiles
- Cluster definitions should be something different (being stored inside a profile)
- Requirements currently unclear; instead of hacking up something wrong, better have no solution
- PTP might come up with requirements