Difference between revisions of "TM 3.0 RC2 Testing"
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
== Organization ==
== Organization ==
== Signup Matrix ==
== Signup Matrix ==
Revision as of 18:46, 22 May 2008
This is the master coordination page for TM 3.0 RC2 Testing. Testing will run from Wednesday 28-May-2008 to 5:00 p.m. (EDT) Friday 30-May-2008. RC2 will be built on Tuesday 27 May 2008. Please sign up here for testing particular features, or a particular host/target combination. It is important for all of us to coordinate our efforts
- In order to get critical bugs submitted early so that we can fix them for RC3
- In order to avoid duplication of testing work
- In order to get a good test coverage and exposure of TM / RSE.
The main focus is a good round of Sanity Test to find obvious showstoppers.
Most of you took part in an earlier round of testing already, so you'll not need to read all of the TM 2.0 Test Instructions. Here is some important information for this round of testing:
- Please use a customized bug entry template again. If you already have one from an earlier round of testing, change it to "3.0RC3 Testing" and save it as your new bookmark for this round of testing. Otherwise, use this link to show, modify and save a sample bug entry template.
- If possible, please use the JDK versions listed in the table below (or the most recent service updates to those mentioned). These are chosen to comply with our Reference Platforms and JDK versions. Edit the table below if you need to use a different JDK version.
- Downloads to test are at the TM download page
- Official Test Platform is the RC2 release from the Eclipse Platform.
- Updates Site to test is at http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/testUpdates
- Ganymede Integration Staging Site is at http://download.eclipse.org/releases/ganymede/staging
- Known issues are at TM 3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds
- Sanity check instructions: please use RSE in a "normal" way as you'd usually use it. RSE 1.0 Test Instructions. Please test on your selected host/target combination. Try to avoid duplication with others. Report any bad behavior.
Thanks to everybody who signs up and thus helps making RSE better!
|Tester Name (Company)||Client Platform||Connection types||RSE Features||Comments|
|Dave Dykstal (IBM)||MacOS X 10.5.2||dstore-mac||Macintosh related. "Team" view. Persistence & model features (filters, filter pools, ...). Import Export. Basic Sanity Testing. Documentation Review. File operations.||none|
|Martin Oberhuber (Wind River)|
|Dave McKnight (IBM)|
|Xuan Chen (IBM)|
|Kevin Doyle (IBM)|
|Rupen Mardirossian (IBM)|
|Uwe Stieber (Wind River)|
|Felix Burton (Wind River)|
|Michael Scharf (Wind River)|
|Eugene Tarassov (Wind River)|
|Javier Montalvo-Orus ()|
|Radoslav Gerganov (ProSyst)|
- Verifications: 3.0 Bugs (by date) fixed but not yet verified
- Basic Sanity Test (File Subsystem, dirlist, simple filters, upload/download/edit, Tableview)
- File Encodings (Foreign language files on remote side)
- CDT Remote Launch
- Drag&Drop, Copy&Paste (RSE <-> RSE, Eclipse Navigator, Windows Explorer, Overwrite vs. Rename)
- Dstore Launch Options (Rlogin, Already-Running, Port Ranges, SSL Connection)
- Parallel access (multiple parallel actions)
- Update Site: Install & Upgrade via Update Site (using P2)
- Scalability (Really large file lists, lots of events)
- Processes Subsystem (List, Sort, Kill, Remote Monitor)
- MV Shell Processes Subsystem
- Verify Extension Points (Check docs, use in own code)
- Remote Search (dstore only)
- Complex Filters (Multiple filter strings, Filter by filetype, Filter Persistence...)
- Preferences (Walk through each of the Preferences and enable/disable)
- Subsystem Properties (Changing Properties of Systems/Subsystems in the RSE Tree)
- Synchronous operation (Do a sanity check with "Deferred Queries" switched off in Preferences)
- Dirty Editors and Merging (Editing a Remote File that also changes remotely)
- File Access Permissions and Timestamps (Read-only files etc.)
- RSE Views: Treeview, Tableview, Monitor, Properties, Scratchpad, Editor, Compare (Check for consistency)
- RSE Widgets & Dialogs: Remote file-browse, Remote move-to
- Connection Problems (Very slow connections, unavailable/unreliable hosts, timeouts, breaking connections)
- Team Support (Connection Profiles)
- Verify User Docs (Walk through tutorial, Context Help, Check Links, Search feature)
- Verify ISV Tutorial (Walk through ISV tutorial)
- Verify ISV Docs (Broken Links, Semantic correctness, Searchable docs, Useful Javadoc)
- Shell Content Assist-Linux (local,ssh,dstore)
- Shell Content Assist-Windows (local,dstore)
- Shell Pattern Matching (Compiler Error Navigation, Directory and File Navigation)
Not to be tested
- Verify Copyright and Externalized Strings (Run automated checks, chkpii)
- Verify Legal (Feature Descriptions, Licenses in all source features, Overall license)
Please fill in your client and java version. Feel free to move yourself around in this table to match your current set up.
|Windows XP||MartinO (SP1; Sun1.4.2_14); MichaelScharf (SP2; Sun1.5.0_07)|
|Linux-x86-gtk||MartinO (RHEL4, Sun1.6.0_01); DaveM (SLES9, IBM1.4.2_sr3)|
|Linux-x86_64-gtk||UweS (openSUSE 10.2, Sun 1.5.0_10 (64Bit))|
|Solaris-gtk||MartinO (Solaris9, Sun 1.5.0_11);|
|Mac OS X||DaveD (10.5.2, Sun1.5.0_13)|
Please edit your current set up.
|Windows-dstore||MartinO (XP-SP1, Sun1.4.2_14); MichaelScharf (XP-SP1, Sun1.5.0_07);|
|Windows-ftp||JavierM (FileZilla 0.9.8b); MichaelScharf (GNU inetutils 1.3.2)|
|Linux-dstore||MartinO (RHEL4, Sun1.4.2_13); NorbertP (SUSE10.0; Sun1.4.2_06); UweS (SUSE10.1; Sun1.5.0_07); MichaelScharf (SUSE10.1; Sun1.6.0-beta2);|
|Linux-ssh||MartinO (RHEL4); MartinO (SUSE Enterprise 10 PPC); UweS (SUSE10.1); MichaelScharf (SUSE10.1);|
|Linux-ftp||MichaelScharf (SUSE10.1); EwaM (Ubuntu6.10);|
|Solaris-dstore||MartinO (Sol9, Sun1.5.0_11); MartinO (Sol10, Sun1.5.0_11)|
|MacOSX-dstore||DaveD (10.5.2, Sun1.5.0_13);|
|MacOSX-ssh||GregW (10.4.7, Sun1.5.0_06);|
|VxWorks-ftp||MartinO (VxSim SIMNT 6.4)|