Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "TM/Meetings/5-Sep-2012"

< TM‎ | Meetings
(New page: {|border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 | Meeting Title: | '''TM Monthly Meeting''' |- | Date & Time: | Wednesday Sep 5, 2012 at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?m...)
 
 
(2 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Date & Time:  
 
| Date & Time:  
| Wednesday [[Sep 5, 2012]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=9&day=5&year=2012&hour=17&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 1700 UTC / 1200pm Toronto] <font color="red"><b>ATTENTION DST CHANGE!</b></font><br>[[Image:Html.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Canada/Toronto HTML] | [[Image:Ical.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics iCal]
+
| Wednesday [[Sep 5, 2012]] at [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=9&day=5&year=2012&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 1600 UTC / 1200pm Toronto] <font color="red"><b>ATTENTION DST CHANGE!</b></font><br>[[Image:Html.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Canada/Toronto HTML] | [[Image:Ical.gif]][http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/vn70im36r00qeusu8nme50cils@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics iCal]
 
|-
 
|-
 
| Dial-in:
 
| Dial-in:
Line 19: Line 19:
 
All TM committers and interested parties are invited.  
 
All TM committers and interested parties are invited.  
  
* Martin O, Dave D, Dave M, Xuan
+
* Martin O, Dave D, Dave M, Xuan, Anna
  
 
<!--
 
<!--
Line 32: Line 32:
  
 
* Review '''last [[TM/Meetings/2-May-2012]] Action Items'''
 
* Review '''last [[TM/Meetings/2-May-2012]] Action Items'''
 +
<!--
 
** {{bug|368040}} Output truncated on remote debug - '''AI Martin''' look at it
 
** {{bug|368040}} Output truncated on remote debug - '''AI Martin''' look at it
 
** {{bug|368755}} Remote Launch - '''AI Martin''' talk to peer about migration without extra plugin / dependency
 
** {{bug|368755}} Remote Launch - '''AI Martin''' talk to peer about migration without extra plugin / dependency
 
** '''All''' review target operating environments in [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?planurl=http://www.eclipse.org/tm/development/tm_plan_3_4.xml 3.4 Project Plan]
 
** '''All''' review target operating environments in [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?planurl=http://www.eclipse.org/tm/development/tm_plan_3_4.xml 3.4 Project Plan]
 +
-->
 +
 +
=== Git Migration ===
 +
* We '''have to''' migrate
 +
* Proposed git repository layout on tm-dev mailing list: dont want to migrate discovery and orbit
 +
* git sandbox has been created for experimentation (preserving all history)
 +
** keep CVS writable until building from git works
 +
* Tooling: Most people use commandline only, not EGit.
 +
** References: The [[Platform-releng/Git_Workflows]] is good, and Eclipse [[Git]]
 +
** Windows Commandline: [http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downloads/list?can=2&q=%22Full+installer+for+official+Git+for+Windows%22 Msysgit]
 +
** Windows UI: [http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/ TortoiseGit]
 +
* Sandbox already visible on the Web ?
 +
* Martin been thinking about '''moving the terminal out into TCF/TE'''
 +
** Anna: Would still be no "RSE Only" repository since WinCE would still be there
 +
** Consumers might need some extra juggling pulling in the terminal widget from a different p2 repo
  
  
=== TM 3.4 Builds ===
+
<!--
 +
= = = TM 3.4 Builds = = =  
  
 
* Dave D: {{bug|375177}} Releng Tools for Mapfile release don't work in 4.2
 
* Dave D: {{bug|375177}} Releng Tools for Mapfile release don't work in 4.2
Line 56: Line 73:
 
** Martin interested in stepping down - Wayne's new Project Mgmt Infrastructure will make things a lot easier
 
** Martin interested in stepping down - Wayne's new Project Mgmt Infrastructure will make things a lot easier
 
** Hand over Builds to Dave D
 
** Hand over Builds to Dave D
 
+
-->
 
<!--
 
<!--
 
=== Committer Status ===
 
=== Committer Status ===
 
-->
 
-->
 
+
<!--
 
===Bugzilla status===
 
===Bugzilla status===
  
Line 66: Line 83:
 
* (32) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major] open bugs, (51) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor High Priority] open bugs, [[TM/3.3 Known Issues and Workarounds]]
 
* (32) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major] open bugs, (51) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor High Priority] open bugs, [[TM/3.3 Known Issues and Workarounds]]
 
* Community contributions: (70) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 Open bugs with patches] right now, many assigned old Streams - should apply before patches get outdated (see also the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php Bug Process Page] for a query)
 
* Community contributions: (70) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 Open bugs with patches] right now, many assigned old Streams - should apply before patches get outdated (see also the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php Bug Process Page] for a query)
 
+
-->
 
<!--
 
<!--
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
 
=== Community Feedback and Status ===
Line 90: Line 107:
 
** Get rid of compiler warnings wherever possible
 
** Get rid of compiler warnings wherever possible
 
-->
 
-->
 
+
<!--
 
== Vacations ==
 
== Vacations ==
  
Line 101: Line 118:
 
** '''Martin''' Tag pom.xml for Tycho; Review TCF project; Send E-Mail regarding retiring Telnet
 
** '''Martin''' Tag pom.xml for Tycho; Review TCF project; Send E-Mail regarding retiring Telnet
 
** '''Dave M''' {{bug|352248}} next steps ?
 
** '''Dave M''' {{bug|352248}} next steps ?
 
+
-->
 
<!--
 
<!--
 
* '''DaveM''': '''old''' {{bug|199596}} Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
 
* '''DaveM''': '''old''' {{bug|199596}} Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;

Latest revision as of 09:27, 30 October 2012

Meeting Title: TM Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Sep 5, 2012 at 1600 UTC / 1200pm Toronto ATTENTION DST CHANGE!
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.

Backup dial-in: Freephone +1 (800) 7302996 / Passcode: 7322148 #
Austria 0800 886-63241 / Russia 81080029611012 / Germany 08922061395 / UK 08004960069 / Others see here

Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.

Attendees

All TM committers and interested parties are invited.

  • Martin O, Dave D, Dave M, Xuan, Anna


Agenda

Git Migration

  • We have to migrate
  • Proposed git repository layout on tm-dev mailing list: dont want to migrate discovery and orbit
  • git sandbox has been created for experimentation (preserving all history)
    • keep CVS writable until building from git works
  • Tooling: Most people use commandline only, not EGit.
  • Sandbox already visible on the Web ?
  • Martin been thinking about moving the terminal out into TCF/TE
    • Anna: Would still be no "RSE Only" repository since WinCE would still be there
    • Consumers might need some extra juggling pulling in the terminal widget from a different p2 repo


Next Meeting

Back to the top