Skip to main content
Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "TM/Meetings/4-Jan-2012"

< TM‎ | Meetings
 
(2 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)
Line 17: Line 17:
 
== Attendees ==
 
== Attendees ==
  
All TM committers and interested parties are invited.
+
* Dave D, Anna, Martin
  
 
<!--
 
<!--
Line 30: Line 30:
  
 
* Last [[TM/Meetings/14-Sep-2011]]
 
* Last [[TM/Meetings/14-Sep-2011]]
* '''3.3.1 Status'''
+
* '''3.3.2 Status'''
** {{bug|356132}} TerminalShell should wait - is API needed?
+
*** Dave D, Dave M OK with releasing the patch for SR1 - don't expect remote shells without prompt
+
 
** {{bug|352248}} Upload of Executable bit - next steps?
 
** {{bug|352248}} Upload of Executable bit - next steps?
*** Dave D, Dave M OK with deferring the change; Martin to comment on the bug.
+
** '''AI DaveM''' performance issues still not resolved
 +
 
 +
* '''Tycho Migration Status'''
 +
** {{bug|366319}} Tycho 0.14 will support pre-generating the documentation index
 +
** Support for .api_description files in the JAR's currently not clear ... but it looks like Sonatype is working on converting Eclipse Platform build to Maven/Tycho
 +
** Anna: RSE plugins compile, but will need an RXTX p2 repo
 +
** '''AI Martin''' create RXTX p2 repo
  
 
* '''3.4 Plans'''
 
* '''3.4 Plans'''
** Going to be another "maintenance" release similar like this year
+
** Going to be another "maintenance" release similar like this year ... focus on 4.x adoption / compatibility
** Dave D expects Eclipse 4.x adoption work.
+
** '''AI Martin''' review Juno plan
** Keep HEAD for maintenance fixes for now?
+
 
*** Martin would like to defer branching till we have Tycho / Git / Hudson support
+
* '''git migration'''
*** Anna already looked at Tycho; should do git in parallel
+
** going to wait until summer (better tooling to be expected, tycho / hudson integration)
  
 
<!--
 
<!--
Line 55: Line 59:
  
 
=== Committer Status ===
 
=== Committer Status ===
<!--
+
 
* '''Dave M''' - No news
+
* '''Anna''' - committer rights not progressing, MV legal is swamped, want to go Membership renewal ... may take until end Jan. Working on Tycho. Going Eclipsecon
* '''Dave D''' - Finally Going to look at {{bug|315054}} HostMoveTest Unittest issue
+
* '''Martin''' - TM involvement at low investment, but keeping things going ... looks ok. Committed to RXTX p2 repo.
* '''Martin''' - Going to build / contribute Indigo SR1
+
* '''DaveD''' - IBM would like to split source out of User Actions package.
-->
+
** Q: Where to put the source ... separate ZIP (eg UA SDK) or p2 repo only?
 +
** '''AI''' Dave file a bug
 +
** Trying to get the Mac environment back in place
 +
 
 +
 
 
===Bugzilla status===
 
===Bugzilla status===
  
* (10) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?field0-0-0=target_milestone;query_format=advanced;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;type0-0-0=substring;value0-0-0=3.3;product=Target%20Management TM 3.3.x assigned bugs]
+
* (84) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?field0-0-0=target_milestone;query_format=advanced;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;type0-0-0=substring;value0-0-0=3.3;product=Target%20Management TM 3.3.x assigned bugs] - '''Please clean up target milestones!'''
* [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major] open bugs, [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor High Priority] open bugs, [[TM/3.3 Known Issues and Workarounds]]
+
* (32) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=major&cmdtype=doit Severity Major] open bugs, (51) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=priority&type0-0-0=regexp&value0-0-0=P%5B12%5D&field0-0-1=bug_severity&type0-0-1=regexp&value0-0-1=blocker%7Ccritical%7Cmajor High Priority] open bugs, [[TM/3.3 Known Issues and Workarounds]]
* Community contributions: (69) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 Open bugs with patches] right now, many assigned 3.1.x or 3.2.x Should apply before patches get outdated (see also the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php Bug Process Page] for a query)
+
* Community contributions: (70) [https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&product=Target+Management&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&cmdtype=doit&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=1 Open bugs with patches] right now, many assigned old Streams - should apply before patches get outdated (see also the [http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/bug_process.php Bug Process Page] for a query)
  
 
<!--
 
<!--
Line 91: Line 99:
  
 
== Vacations ==
 
== Vacations ==
 
+
* none
  
  
 
== Action Items ==
 
== Action Items ==
 
* Last [[TM/Meetings/14-Sep-2011]]
 
* Last [[TM/Meetings/14-Sep-2011]]
** '''Dave D''' talk to David W on Tools PMC membership; follow-up bug for {{bug|321766}} (disconnect to cancel connect)
+
** '''All''' Review bug backlogs above (Fix 3.3.x target milestones; review / triage incoming high-severity issues)
** '''Martin''' Project Plan update for Indigo; finalize move to tools; follow up with AC regarding build technology
+
** '''Dave D''' file bug for UA SDK; ''old'' talk to David W on Tools PMC membership; follow-up bug for {{bug|321766}} (disconnect to cancel connect)
** '''All''' Fix target milestone of open bugs assigned 3.2.x
+
** '''Martin''' Project Plan update for Juno; RXTX p2 repo
 +
** '''Dave M''' {{bug|352248}} next steps ?
  
 
<!--
 
<!--
 
* '''DaveM''': '''old''' {{bug|199596}} Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
 
* '''DaveM''': '''old''' {{bug|199596}} Read-Only attribute doesn't always update IRemoteFile;
* '''Martin''': Create project plan, '''old''' 3.1.1 assigned bugs; {{bug|240991}}, {{Bug|239230}} Early startup
+
* '''Martin''': '''old''' {{bug|240991}}, {{Bug|239230}} Early startup
 
* '''Xuan''': '''old''' Look at {{Bug|230917}} Archive Handler Unittests
 
* '''Xuan''': '''old''' Look at {{Bug|230917}} Archive Handler Unittests
 
* '''DaveD''': '''old''' Create bug for partial model export; {{bug|238574}} Make new website available and E-mail questions on mailinglist
 
* '''DaveD''': '''old''' Create bug for partial model export; {{bug|238574}} Make new website available and E-mail questions on mailinglist

Latest revision as of 13:22, 4 January 2012

Meeting Title: TM Monthly Meeting
Date & Time: Wednesday Jan 4, 2012 at 1700 UTC / 1200pm Toronto ATTENTION DST CHANGE!
Html.gifHTML | Ical.gifiCal
Dial-in: Martin to call everybody by Skype
Interested Parties ping martin.oberhuber on Skype Chat for getting added to the call.

Backup dial-in: Freephone +1 (800) 7302996 / Passcode: 7322148 #
Austria 0800 886-63241 / Russia 81080029611012 / Germany 08922061395 / UK 08004960069 / Others see here

Skype dial-in: martin.oberhuber, ddykstal (or david_dykstal), david-k-mcknight, kevin.j.doyle, xuan.chen886, eugenetarassov, michael_scharf, uwe.stieber, radoslav.gerganov, wrsfburton, anna_dushistova.

Attendees

  • Dave D, Anna, Martin


Agenda

  • Tycho Migration Status
    • bug 366319 Tycho 0.14 will support pre-generating the documentation index
    • Support for .api_description files in the JAR's currently not clear ... but it looks like Sonatype is working on converting Eclipse Platform build to Maven/Tycho
    • Anna: RSE plugins compile, but will need an RXTX p2 repo
    • AI Martin create RXTX p2 repo
  • 3.4 Plans
    • Going to be another "maintenance" release similar like this year ... focus on 4.x adoption / compatibility
    • AI Martin review Juno plan
  • git migration
    • going to wait until summer (better tooling to be expected, tycho / hudson integration)


Committer Status

  • Anna - committer rights not progressing, MV legal is swamped, want to go Membership renewal ... may take until end Jan. Working on Tycho. Going Eclipsecon
  • Martin - TM involvement at low investment, but keeping things going ... looks ok. Committed to RXTX p2 repo.
  • DaveD - IBM would like to split source out of User Actions package.
    • Q: Where to put the source ... separate ZIP (eg UA SDK) or p2 repo only?
    • AI Dave file a bug
    • Trying to get the Mac environment back in place


Bugzilla status


Vacations

  • none


Action Items

  • Last TM/Meetings/14-Sep-2011
    • All Review bug backlogs above (Fix 3.3.x target milestones; review / triage incoming high-severity issues)
    • Dave D file bug for UA SDK; old talk to David W on Tools PMC membership; follow-up bug for bug 321766 (disconnect to cancel connect)
    • Martin Project Plan update for Juno; RXTX p2 repo
    • Dave M bug 352248 next steps ?


Next Meeting

Back to the top