What do we want to achieve by explicit code ownership?
- Integrity of the Design: The owner is responsible for a solid extensible design.
- People other than the owner can make bug fixes, but please let the owner know
- Dont make design-breaking changes without letting the owner know
- Typically there is a single owner for each functionality. Multiple "two-in-a-box" owners are only possible if they work very closely together
- There may be a backup person for an owner, in case the owner is out-of-office.
- Timely Bug Triage: The owner is responsible for reviewing (and probably reassigning) bugs of his area in a timely fashion
- Helps dispatching new bugs to component owners first
- Ownership can be for functionality that spans multiple packages (If functionality is seen by user as a single entity)
- Credit for Quality through Visibility
- Owners of a component should be publicly visible, so they can get the credit for good work
- Ownership of Copyright and IP issues
- Component owners are responsible for keeping the IP of their component clean.
- RSE Team Support (Team View, Profiles, Docs, Persistence wrt team support) -- rse.ui.view.team belongs to dmcknigh
- Drag&Drop, Copy&Paste -- is this part of views?
- Rse.core.filters -- ddykstal or dmcknigh?
- EFS - not yet assigned - dmcknigh or kmunir?
Code Ownership Table
|Dave Dykstal||RSE Persistency||
|RSE password prompt||
org.eclipse.rse.core/src/org.eclipse.rse.core.subsystems (credential aspects)
org.eclipse.rse.logging - all packages
|RSE message support||
|Dialog Accessibility / UI Controls||
|RSE JUnit tests||
|Dave McKnight||RSE dstore||
|RSE core model||
|Kushal Munir||RSE New Connection Wizard Delegate||org.eclipse.rse.ui/org.eclipse.rse.ui.wizards|
|RSE Archive Handlers||org.eclipse.rse.services.clientserver.archivehandlers|
|RSE core comm||org.eclipse.rse.core.comm|
|RSE file encodings||(multiple)|
|RSE content assist||org.eclipse.rse.shells.ui/org.eclipse.rse.shells.ui.view||Dave McKnight|
RSE nightly builds,
|Third Party Libs
(Jakarta Commons Net, ORO)
|RSE manual tests||org.eclipse.rse.tests.manual|
|Javier Montalvo||Discovery||(org.eclipse.tm.core) discovery/*||RSE ftp||
|Ted Williams||Terminalview||(org.eclipse.tm.core) terminal/*||Michael Scharf|
|Ewa Matejska||CDT Remote Launch||