Stardust/Knowledge Base/Build and Change Management/Maven/Basic Setup
Maven Repository Configuration
While we are packaging up Stardust for Eclipse, you can get free access to Infinity Process Platform from SunGard. This is the source product that the Stardust contribution originates from. Please follow instructions here to get access to the Maven Repository.
After you followed instructions on how to gain access to the Maven Repository, you will be able to authenticate against the repository with username and password you picked when register. To access the repository from Maven make sure the repository is configured in your Maven settings.xml such as below:
<repositories> ... <repository> <id>ipp-libs</id> <url>https://infinity.sungard.com/repository/ipp-libs/</url> </repository> ... </repositories>
<servers> ... <server> <id>ipp-libs</id> <username>user.name</username> <password>clearTextPasswordOrPasswordHashFromRepository</password> </server> ... </servers>
If you don't want to specify your password clear text, you can encode it from within repository web portal.
- Go to https://infinity.sungard.com/repository Repository and login using your credentials
- Go to your user profile (link behind user name in upper right corner)
- Enter your password and press Unlock button
- Copy username and password section into settings.xml such as shown above
Starting from version 6.0.3 the ipp-libs Maven repository (https://infinity.sungard.com/repository/ipp-libs) contains a Maven archetype
(https://infinity.sungard.com/repository/ipp-releases/archetype-catalog.xml) that can be use to create the following Maven projects:
- Engine runtime EAR project for JBOSS 5.1, EJB deplyoment, artefactId=ipp-archetype-jb51-ipp-ear
- Engine runtime WAR project for JBOSS 5.1, Spring deplyoment, artefactId=ipp-archetype-jb51-ipp-portal-war
- Reporting runtime WAR project for JBOSS 5.1, artefactId=ipp-archetype-jb51-reporting-war
- Engine runtime WAR project for Tomcat 6, Spring deployment, artefactId=ipp-archetype-tc6-ipp-portal-war
- Reporting runtime WAR project for Tomcat 6, artefactId=ipp-archetype-tc6-reporting-war
- Console command line tool client environment project, Spring client, artefactId=ipp-archetype-console-spring-client
- Sysconsole command lient tool client environment project (direct database access via JDBC), artefactId=ipp-archetype-sysconsole-client
For other application servers the example project coming closest to the target deployment can be adjusted. Additional archetypes for other deployment scenarios will be added soon.
It is important to execute the goal dependency:unpack after the project has been created. This can be automated by using the -Dgoals parameter when the project is created.
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.infinity.bpm.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=ipp-archetype-tc6-ipp-portal-war -DarchetypeVersion=6.0.3 -DgroupId=org.eclipse.stardust.test -DartifactId=stardust-portal-war -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dgoals=dependency:unpack
If the repository is not configured in your settings.xml then you have to supply the repository URL as a parameter to the mvn command: