- This page describes the solutions available with the Higgins 1.0 release.
- For information about solutions under development as part of Higgins 1.1 see Solutions 1.1
- A Solution is a specific combination of Higgins Components that, when assembled and deployed, result in either an infrastructure-level service, or an end-user application.
Higgins Developed & Supported Solutions
This section describes the solutions developed by the Higgins team. There are solutions at three different levels:
These flavors of selector apps are available:
- GTK and Cocoa Selector - for Firefox (or other applications) on Linux, FreeBSD and OSX (client-based native code app)
- RCP Selector - an Eclipse RCP Application (client-based Java app; requires JRE 1.4 or higher)
- Firefox-Embedded Selector - for Firefox on Windows, Linux, and OSX (Requires hosted I-Card Service Component)
Identity Web Services
Identity Provider web services:
- STS IdP - WS-Trust Identity Provider (webapp and web service)
- SAML2 IdP - SAML2 Identity Provider (webapp and web service)
Relying Party website:
- Extensible Protocol RP Website 1.0 - I-Card-enabled Relying Party site (webapp) [supersedes: RP Website Solution]
Identity Attribute Service
This solution is currently a local java component.
- IdAS Solution - Identity Attribute Service uses Context Provider plugins to adapt existing data sources to the Context Data Model.
This section lists solutions developed external to the Higgins project, but that are based on Higgins Components and code.