A Solution is a specific combination of Higgins Components that, when assembled and deployed, results in either an infrastructure-level service, or an end-user application. The solutions listed on this page are included in Higgins 1.0 unless otherwise noted.
This section describes the solutions developed by the Higgins team. There are solutions at three different levels:
Identity Selectors (apps)
These flavors of selectors apps are available (or under development):
- GTK and Cocoa Selector Solution - for Firefox (or other applications) on Linux, FreeBSD and OSX (client-based native code app)
- RCP Selector Solution - for Eclipse RCP Applications (client-based Java app; requires JRE 1.4 or higher)
- Firefox-Embedded Selector Solution - for Firefox on Windows, Linux, and OSX (Requires hosted I-Card Service Component)
- Adobe AIR Selector Solution - for Firefox and IE on Windows [NOT part of Higgins 1.0; under development for Higgins 1.1]
Identity Providers (web services)
- STS IdP Solution - WS-Trust Identity Provider (webapp and web service)
- SAML2 IdP Solution - SAML2 Identity Provider (webapp and web service)
Relying Party (website/service)
- Extensible Protocol RP Website Solution - I-Card-enabled Relying Party site (webapp) [supersedes: RP Website Solution]
Identity Attribute Service
This solution is currently a local java component. The plan for Higgins 1.1 is to add an XDI web service binding and thereby create the "IdAS Server" that can act as an extensible gateway to existing data sources.
- IdAS Solution - Identity Attribute Service uses Context Provider plugins to adapt existing data sources to the Higgins Global Graph data model.
This section lists solutions developed external to the Higgins project, but based on Higgins Components and code.