Difference between revisions of "Service Interface and Data Types Editors"
|Line 114:||Line 114:|
==== Youtube<br> ====
==== Youtube<br> ====
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSmidd2692E Short Introductory Screencast
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSmidd2692E Short Introductory Screencast]<br>
==== Web pages<br> ====
==== Web pages<br> ====
Latest revision as of 07:43, 31 August 2013
The Service Interface and Data Types editors are Eclipse form-based WSDL and XSD editors. They provide easy-to-use, unified user interface and facilitate developers with quick and efficient application development in all WS and XSD related areas. In order not to restrict WSDL and XSD experts to the visual-editing, rich text editing capabilities based on the WTP Structured Text Editor are also provided.
 The Project's Status
The current version of the project is 0.9 in WTP Incubator. The project is tested with Eclipse Galileo, Helios, Indigo, Juno and Kepler releases.
 How To Install
You can install the results of the last successful build of the Service Interface and Data Types editors the following ways:
 Donwload zipped update site
- Download the following zip file: project build at hudson
- From Eclipse IDE select "Install New Software", and point to the downloaded zip file.
 Install from the online snapshot repository
- In your IDE open "Help">>"Install New Software..."
- Enter http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/incubator/repository/sieditor/snapshot in the "Work with" repository drop-down box. Press Enter.
- Select the "Service Interface and Data Types Editors Feature" from the tree below
- Press "Next" and follow the dialog instructions.
 Install the Search Console integration feature
- Install the Search Console plug-ins. For more information you can have a look at Search Console wiki page.
- Use one of the approaches above
 How To Start Service Interface and Data Types Editors
- Press right mouse button on a WSDL file, and choose "Open With -> Service Interface Editor"
- Press right mouse button on a XSD file, and choose "Open With -> Data Types Editor"
 How To Make Service Interface and Data Types Editors Your Default WSDL, and XSD Editors
- Open Preferences dialof from Eclipse menu "Window -> Preferences"
- Search for "File Associations", and select it
- Find (or create) file extensions *.wsdl, *.xsd, and associate Service Interface and Data Types Editors to them
- Press "Default" button to make the associated editor a default one
 Where To Find The Source Files
Source files of the project are located in Eclipse GIT repository: web view of git repository
To get sources via https, read the following git info: setting up https for pushing
 How to get the sources (step by step)
1. Install Git Bash for Windows (for other OS get a git client from Git download site )
2. Create your .gitconfig file with contents got from setting up https for pushing to your user's folder (e.g. c:\Users\ditenev)
a) for commiter: change user in .gitconfig file with your committer id: e.g.: esimeonov.
b) for any user: change URL in .gitconfig, so you do use HTTP instead HTTPS, and do not use any user ID in URL
4. Create an empty directory e.g. c:\mygitrepo
5.1 For Windows:
a) Right click on “mygitrepo”, and execute “Git Init Here”
b) Right click on “mygitrepo”, and execute “Git Bash”
c) In bash do type: git pull
d) Close bash
5.2 For other OS:
a) Open that directory in a terminal
b) Execute 'git init'
c) Execute 'git pull'
d) Close the terminal
6. Import projects into eclipse
 How to edit the sources
1. You can find project's plugins in the folder "/plugins", and import them in Eclipse workspace
2. You may find project's source code formatter in the folder "/development/sie_java_formatter.xml"
 Creating Patches with eGit
Creating patches with eGit (eclipse plug-in for Git) is pretty straight-forward:
- We have successfully installed eGit
- We have configured the eGit repositories and imported eGit project
- We have made some changes on one of the files
- Submit the updated file
- Go to the "Git Repository Exploring" perspective and open the "History" view
- Make sure that the "link with Editor and Selection" button of the "History" view is selected
- Navigate to the Git repository you just submitted and select the local branch you've added your changes to
- In the "History" view, you will see all the changes made in the repository/branch so far, including your changes
- Select the line with your changes
- From the context menu, choose "Create Patch..."
- Follow the wizard and make sure you select the "export in git patch format" checkbox
- You are ready with your patch file
 Build Infrastructure
You may find the project's build job hosted at Eclipse Hudson server.
 How To File a Bug
To file a bug follow these steps:
- Login to Bugzilla
- Select project "WebTools"
- Select project "WTP Incubator"
- Select component "wtp.inc.sieditor"
- Describe the bug.
 Bug List
A list of all open bugs can be found here
 Service Interface and Data Types Editors on the Web
 Web pages
 References from other Web pages
The Service Interface and Data Types editors are integrated in the following products: