Screen Captures over IM
It's now possible to create screen captures, and send them to people on your ECF contacts list.
- Install Eclipse 3.3 or newer (3.4M*).
- Get 2.0.0M4b from ECF downloads page.
- If you want to use Skype, get a recent (after 1/4/2008) ECF Skype support plugin from the daily build section of ECF Extras Downloads.
- Connect to some XMPP/Google Talk or Skype account.
- In your Contacts list, right click on a person that is also using ECF for their client and select Send Screen Capture. For example, to initiate a screen capture to mcginley:
You will then see the following message box:
Then, after clicking on "Send to ..." button, and waiting 5 seconds (you may set up the screen in any way that you like during those 5 seconds) the cursor will change to a '+' and you can select any region of the screen. Once selected, a dialog will show you the region you selected before sending to the receiver:
And then sent to the receiver, who will see something like the following appear: