Difference between revisions of "Screen Captures over IM"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
*Install Eclipse 3.3 or
*Install Eclipse 3.3 or 3..
*Get ECF from [http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/.php ECF ] .
*If you want to use Skype, get
*If you want to use Skype, get ECF Skype support plugin from [http://ecf1.osuosl.org/ ECF Extras Downloads].
Latest revision as of 14:27, 23 June 2008
It's now possible to create screen captures, and send them to people on your ECF contacts list.
- Install Eclipse 3.3 or 3.4.
- Get ECF 2.0 from ECF downloads page.
- If you want to use Skype, get the ECF Skype support plugin from ECF Extras Downloads.
- Connect to some XMPP/Google Talk or Skype account.
- In your Contacts list, right click on a person that is also using ECF for their client and select Send Screen Capture. For example, to initiate a screen capture to mcginley:
You will then see the following message box:
Then, after clicking on "Send to ..." button, and waiting 5 seconds (you may set up the screen in any way that you like during those 5 seconds) the cursor will change to a '+' and you can select any region of the screen. Once selected, a dialog will show you the region you selected before sending to the receiver:
And then sent to the receiver, who will see something like the following appear: