Scout/Tutorial/3.8/Deploy to Tomcat
|Download • Git|
|Forums • Blog • Twitter • G+|
Deploy a Scout Application to Tomcat
This page shows how to export and deploy your Scout application to a Tomcat webserver using the Scout SDK.
If you have not yet installed Tomcat please go to the Tomcat homepage. Then download and install Tomcat version 6 or 7 using the proposed default settings. Once you started the webserver you verify that its running by starting your browser with the address http://localhost:8080. Your browser should display some page similar as shown below.
Export Scout Application to WAR File
In the Scout SDK perspective use the context menu 'Export to WAR file ...' on the server node as shown below.
This opens the WAR export wizard dialog
- Product file: Server product to be deployed. This will usually be the production product (not the development product)
- WAR file: Path to the webapps directory of your Tomcat installation followed by the WAR file name
- Checkbox Overwrite existing WAR file: Replaces an existing WAR file (path, and file name as specified above)
- Checkbox Include client application: Exports and packs the client application into the WAR file (see selection dialog below)
- Client product to include: Client product to be included in the WAR file
In the screenshot above we've selected the SWT client (production product) to be included in the WAR
Restart Tomcat, View Application Home Page, Download Client
With autodeploy or restart of the Tomcat server we can access the application homepage under http://localhost:8080/documentApp/
By clicking on Download or documentApp.zip the Scout client can be downloaded from the webserver. To start the client follow the steps described on the application home page.
Deploy to remote host
If your tomcat server is not at localhost, change the value server.url in the config.ini of the desired client e.g. ui.swt.production, like below: