< STP | Meetings
Revision as of 07:52, 28 November 2008 by Ohurley.iona.com (New page: == Eclipse Summit Europe 2008 == Rough Notes: Policy Editor Update * Refactoring to take place, going to make the XEF more consumable and reusable too * Extension and integration of th...)
Eclipse Summit Europe 2008
Policy Editor Update
* Refactoring to take place, going to make the XEF more consumable and reusable too * Extension and integration of the validation framework * People have been thinking how XEF could be reused to edit Petals XML files * Integration with SCA editor
* What's the best way to reuse? What requirements for reuse? * Construct a builder to construct model in the background so that when one model changes, others are synchronized through the IM
* Lots of potential collaboration efforts, they can help us, we can help them. * Someone needs to run with this - I propose Alain+Adrian.
* Concerned about visibility in the industry at large * Some partners in France, what about others? * What's the relationship between STP/SCA? Is SCA the *right* standard? SCA will need a repository -> this is not standardized yet Alain is pushing the SCA model with partners, and user community * Is there competition in open source for SCA tools? * Alain is keen on the market and business-oriented directions of the project
Etienne (Obeo, SCA Tools):
* Obeo is not a SOA specialist * We need to push STP to improve the community, grow developer community and extender community * We need to push STP in other forums, e.g. Spring community * We need to be more flexible and open to allow people to extend
* We should package for specific user community, pre-packaged, integrated bundles, not just a big roll-up. * Keep feature requests in bugzilla so that they are easily searchable and visible * Use tagging in bugzilla to do 'new and noteworthy' * We should have more feature 'ownership', meaning responsibility, and driving the feature. * More communications - Jerry owns telco * Web needs a refactor - cool if we had templates for the intro pages etc - Oisin to kick this off * SOAtools blog on eclipse infrastructure not very pretty, not enough control - create a new one on wordpress. * Need more orbit committers...
Ideas for new efforts:
* XML tools - this should really be a separate project in its own right * Repository - needed for team sharing of artifacts * Registry - we need a discussion on what this means, how we could use, how important * Incubator - do we need one of these? Separate build track, etc. * Lots of support for the idea of JBI tools