STEM Map View
STEM Map View
The STEM Map View is a light weight build in viewer that allows a user to watch a simulation at run time. STEM also supports other viewers including GoogleEarth(TM) and GoogleMaps(TM).
The internal Map View should be visible by default in the run time perspective. When a valid simulation is started, after the data is loaded into memory the map should display the polygons corresponding to the administrative divisions in the region being modeled.
- To move or recenter the map, simply click, hold, and drag to the region of interest.
- To zoom in or out use the up and down arrow keys
Right clicking anywhere on the map brings up a dialog that allows a user to:
- Change the gain factor or "brightness" of the display
- Toggle between logarithmic or linear mapping between (e.g.) the fraction of infectious people and color intensity
- Turn polygon borders on/off
During a running simulation if you hover the cursor over the map an informational dialog will appear with:
- The name and ID of the location the cursor is over
- The area
- Information on populations present
- Latitude and Longitude of cursor location
STEM also provides the ability for users to customize colors used in the system. To use this feature, when the simulation is running simply go to the top menu-bar and click
This will bring up a dialog for user preferences. Expand the tags
The Visualization tag itself allows a user to assign a particular color to particular types of data (for example, 'I' => RED). The Map Colors tab allow customization of Map Foreground and Background colors, polygon border colors, edge Colors, etc.