SMILA/Documentation/HowTo/How to setup SMILA in a cluster
Install external Solr server
If you want to use Solr for indexing, you need to setup a separate Solr server, because the Solr instances embedded in SMILA cannot be shared with the other SMILA instances.
- Download a Solr 3.x archive from http://lucene.apache.org/solr/. This HowTo was tested with Solr 3.6.1
- Unpack the archive to a local directory, you get a directory like /home/smila/solr/apache-solr-3.6.1.
- Copy the files from SMILA/configuration/org.eclipse.smila.solr to the Solr machine (solr.properties is'nt needed), e.g. to /home/smila/solr/smila-cores
- Go to /home/smila/solr/apache-solr-3.6.1/example and run:
java -Dsolr.solr.home=/home/smila/solr/smila-cores -jar start.jar
- Check if Solr is running at [http://localhost:8983/solr/DefaultCore/admin/] (replace localhost with name of your Solr server, if necessary).
For larger data volumes you will need to setup Solr in a distributed way, too.