SCA/SCA Component/SCA First Steps With Composite Designer
The objective of this tutorial is to show how to develop a simple SCA application using the STP/SCA Composite Designer.
You can download a pdf version of this tutorial: "First Steps with the SCA Composite Designer".
The tutorial illustrates how to:
- Install the STP/SCA plugins and Apache Tuscany
- Define an SCA assembly with the SCA Composite Designer
- Refine properties in an SCA assembly
- Define an SCA assembly with different implementation technologies
- Define an RMI binding
- Run and test SCA assemblies with Tuscany
In order to be able to test the sample SCA application, you need to :
- install Apache Tuscany on your machine,
- set up Eclipse for Tuscany.
The SCA Restaurant Application
This composite, named restaurant, is a composition of five components:
- Allows you to see the Menus proposed by the restaurant.
- It allows also to compute the bill for a particular menu.
- Provides different menus. A Menu is defined by a description and the price without taxes.
- Computes the price of a menu with the different taxes.
- Computes the VAT (Value Added Tax).
- Computes the tip.