New & Noteworthy.
Available components and tools:
2 components are still in developpement:
- SCA Form Editor: an editor based on Eclipse forms for SCA assembly files.
- SCA Composite Introspector: construct SCA assembly files in a bottom-up approach from POJO and component type files.
Ideas for new components:
- Testing SCA Applications: a set of tools to test SCA applications.
- SCA Policy: how to define SCA policies?
- SCA Model Loader API: an extensible API to load and edit SCA models from SCA artifacts and implementation code. This API can be used in Eclipse and in standalone mode.
SCA Tools 2.0.0 RC2
- SCA Tools 2.0.0 is available for download from this Update Site.
Prerequisites: EMF 2.4, GMF 2.1, Web Developper Tools 3.0, and jdom (for the SCA XML editor).
- Download Eclipse Modeling Tools.
- Install it, and start it
- Go to the Help menu > Software Updates
- Select the tab Available Software
- Click on the Add Site... button
- Copy/paste the following location: SCA Tools update site, and click on the OK button
- Select the SCA Tools features needed
- Select Ganymede Update Site > Web and Java EE Development > Web Developer Tools (optional - required by the SCA XML Editor)
- Click on the Install button in the upper right corner to start the installation
- Download and install jdom from Eclipse Orbit web site (optional - required by the SCA XML Editor)
- And that's it...
SCA Tools users
SCA Tools developers
Intermediate model and SCA
June 2008, release V1.0 in Ganymede:
- SCA Common: SCA nature, wizard for the creation of new SCA assembly files, preference pages, basic samples. Done
- SCA Meta Model: SCA specifications 1.0 from OSOA + additional validation rules which apply on the SCA assembly description files. Done
- SCA Composite Designer: support of Tuscany SCA elements. Done
- Update of the web site and the wiki. Done
- Tutorial that explain how to use SCA tools. Done
- Possibility to extend the SCA metamodel with new bindings, implementations and interfaces. Done
- Possibility to extend the SCA Designer. Done
- SCA Commons: complex samples. Delayed
- SCA Meta Model: full support of the additional validation rules. Delayed
- SCA Composite Designer: support of Frascati SCA elements. Done
- SCA Composite XML Editor: completion on service, reference, and enhanced outline. Done
- Support Babel project for translating. Done
- Support of Tuscany 1.4. Done
- SCA Composite Form editor. In progress
- SCA Introspector: support of POJO. Done
- SCA Run/Debug: Apache Tuscany (Java) support. Done
- SCA Run/Debug: OW2 FraSCAti support. Done
- SCA Meta Model: support of SCA specifications 1.1 published by OASIS.
- SCA Composite Designer: update with the new meta model.
- SCA Composite Editors: update with the new meta model.
Eclipse SCA Tools:
- Open SOA - The Open SOA Collaboration
- Tuscany - Open source implementation of SCA
- FraSCAti - Open source implementation of SCA
- Fabric 3 - Open source implementation of SCA
A large part of the SCA Tools project was implemented in the scope of the SCOrWare project funded by the French Research National Agency (ANR).