New & Noteworthy.
Available components and tools:
2 components are still in developpement:
- SCA Form Editor: an editor based on Eclipse forms for SCA assembly files.
- SCA Composite Introspector: Construct SCA assembly file in a bottom-up approach.
Ideas for new components:
SCA Tools 1.0.x (stable)
- You can also download Eclipse with all requirements (Eclipse Modeling Tools) for SCA Tools, and then install SCA Tools from the Ganymede Update site.
- Download Eclipse Modeling Tools
- Install it, and start it
- Go to the Help menu > Software Updates
- Select the tab Available Software
- Select Ganymede Update Site > SOA Development > SCA Composite Tools Feature 1.0.0
- Click on the Install button in the upper right corner to start the installation
- And that's it...
SCA Tools 1.1.x (Integration)
Prerequisites: EMF 2.4, GMF 2.1, Web Developper Tools 3.0, and jdom (for the SCA XML editor).
Intermediate model and SCA
June 2008, release V1.0 in Ganymede:
- SCA Common: SCA nature, wizard for the creation of new SCA assembly files, preference pages, basic samples. Done
- SCA Meta Model: SCA specifications 1.0 from OSOA + additional validation rules which apply on the SCA assembly description files. Done
- SCA Composite Designer: support of Tuscany SCA elements. Done
- Update of the web site and the wiki. Done
- Tutorial that explain how to use SCA tools. Done
- Possibility to extend the SCA metamodel with new bindings, implementations and interfaces. Done
- Possibility to extend the SCA Designer. Done
- SCA Commons: complex samples. Delayed
- SCA Meta Model: full support of the additional validation rules. Delayed
- SCA Composite Designer: support of Frascati SCA elements. Done
- SCA Composite XML Editor: completion on service, reference, and enhanced outline. Done
- Support Babel project for translating. Done
- Support of Tuscany 1.4. Done
- SCA Meta Model: support of SCA specifications that should be published in december 2008 by OASIS.
- SCA Composite Designer: update with the new meta model.
- SCA Composite Editors: update with the new meta model.
- SCA Composite Form editor. In progress
- SCA Introspector: support of POJO and EJB introspection. In progress (POJO) bug #262183
- Integration with the STP Policy Editor component.
Eclipse SCA Tools:
- Open SOA - The Open SOA Collaboration
- Tuscany - Open source implementation of SCA
- FraSCAti - Open source implementation of SCA
- Fabric 3 - Open source implementation of SCA
- Norihiro Kubo (IONA)
- Maxime Porhel (Obeo)
A large part of the SCA Tools project was implemented in the scope of the SCOrWare project funded by the French Research National Agency (ANR).