SBVR Tools Metamodel
This page summarizes modifications to the SBVR 1.0 CMOF metamodel that result in a more usable EMF-based implementation and API for tool development.
- The SBVR CMOF model as published with the OMG specification
- The revised model is available as SBVR.uml in CVS org.eclpse.sbvr/models
Class diagrams created from the original SBVR 1.0 metamodel specification:
- concept representation diagram -- Shows a subset of associations between concept, representation, and designation.
- set diagram -- Shows subclasses of set and their associations.
- terminological dictionary diagram -- Shows associations between terminological dictionary, vocabulary, and body of shared meanings.
General observations about the SBVR CMOF model from the specification:
- SBVR is defined in terms of SBVR language
- the CMOF metamodel is generated from the SBVR language
- the CMOF model in the specification was not created or edited using a UML modeling tool
- There is no use of composite aggregation anywhere in the model
- All associations own both property ends and none are navigable from the end classes.
The result of this design approach is that there are several challenges in producing a usable EMF-based implementation and a 'good' developer API.