Eclipse 4 offers some key concepts which ease the development of RCP applications.
Among these are
- EMF based Workbench Model
- Separation of Model and Presenentation
- Customizable Rendering Engine
- Dependency Injection ( no more Singletons )
In the near future Riena aims to support these new concepts to simplify the implementation of Riena applications in turn. Therefore there is a new branch in the Riena git repo where all Riena E4 development happens.
The following guide will walk through the necessary steps to setup your environment in minutes.
- Grab the Eclipse Juno 4.2 Release from the website
- Install it to your preferred location
Setup Target Platform
- Add new, empty Target Definition and give it the name rienaE4
- Select Software Site http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno
- Select Target Platform Components
- Equinox Target Components
- Eclipse RCP
- Eclipse RCP SDK
- Activate your new Target Platform
- Clone the Riena Git Repository to any location in your file system
git clone git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/riena/org.eclipse.riena.git
For more information about using the Riena Git Repository checkout Riena on Git.
- Import the Git Repository in Eclipse
- Switch to Branch e4-experimental
- Checkout additional dependencies using the projectset in org.eclipse.riena.releng
If you have problems with the projectset checkout https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=380375
Start Your Engines
- Open Bundle org.eclipse.riena.navigation.ui.e4
- Use the launch configuration rienaE4.launch to start the Example Application