Eclipse 4 offers some key concepts which ease the development of RCP applications.
Among these are
- EMF based Workbench Model
- Separation of Model and Presenentation
- Customizable Rendering Engine
- Dependency Injection ( no more Singletons )
In the near future Riena aims to support these new concepts to simplify the implementation of Riena applications in turn. Therefore there is a new branch in the Riena git repo where all Riena E4 development happens.
The following guide will walk through the necessary steps to setup your environment in minutes.
- Grab the Eclipse Juno 4.2 Release from the website
- Install it to your preferred location
Setup Target Platform
- Add new, empty Target Definition and give it a name
- Add Software Site http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno
- Select Target Platform Components
- Equinox Target Components
- Eclipse RCP
- Eclipse RCP SDK
- Activate your new Target Platform
- Clone the Riena git repo to any location in your file system
git clone git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/riena/org.eclipse.riena.git
For more information about using the Riena git repo checkout Riena on Git.
- Checkout additional dependencies using the projectset in org.eclipse.riena.releng