This page is a start page that describes the current situation of Riena running on E4.
- Start an Eclipse IDE with an empty workspace
- Go to Target Platform in Preferences and setup two Target Platforms
- update site is http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.8milestones/S-3.8M5-201201251800
- switch off "Group by category" and sitch off "Include required Software"
- Select Equinox Target components
- Select Eclipse RCP and Eclipse RCP SDK
- click OK and wait for it to download and install (takes some minutes, I hadd 258 plugins in the target platform after that)
- 4.2.M5 as second target platform
- update site is http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.8milestones
- select Equinox Target components
- click ok and wait for it to resolve and download
- update site is http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.2milestones/S-4.2M5-201201271145
- Select Eclipse RCP / Eclipse RCP SDK and "Eclipse e4 Rich Client Platform" / "Eclipse e4 Rich Client Platform Developer Resources"
- click OK and wait for it to resolve and download
- Select 3.8 as your active target platform
- Clone the Riena Repo from Git using the URL git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/riena/org.eclipse.riena.git
- open the org.eclipse.riena.releng projectSet.psf file and checkout the projects that are listed there into your workspace
- all the remaining "compile errors" are because there is no API baseline set, you can change the warning for that to ignore (in the Preferences) and you should have a workspace with no compile errors for 3.8
Start the Riena example based on 3.8
- Target Platform 3.8 is still the activated one (from the setup)
- Start the launcher "SWT Example Application", make sure you switch to the plugins tab and click "Add required plug-ins"
- If all goes well that should bring up a working Riena example client
- You can click in the navigation (left and top) and see the Riena navigation as it is supposed to work
Start the Riena example based on 4.2
- Switch the Target Platform to 4.2
- You get compile errors.
- Open SubApplicationView
- comment out the line in error (we use an internal Workbench method :-) and the if statement around it
- Start SWT Example Application launcher as above (click on Add requireed plug-ins)