This page describes the steps necessary to create releases of the Tycho project.
- Prepare the Tycho/Release Notes which should provide a quick overview of new features and bug fixes
- Steps below apply to both tycho and tycho-extras git repositories as these should normally be released together and with the same version
- Update versions using
mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version -DnewVersion=...
- Commit version change, and create a git tag tycho-<VERSION> (and tycho-extras-<VERSION> respectively) on this commit
- Update versions (same as above) to next -SNAPSHOT development version and push commit to master branch
- Make sure you have everything setup (GPG installed!) for deploying to the Nexus OSS repository, see guide
- Add your credentials for server <OSS_ID> in ~/.m2/settings.xml
- Sync to release commit and deploy to nexus staging repository:
mvn clean deploy -Prelease -DforgeReleaseId=<OSS_ID> -DforgeReleaseUrl=https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/ -Dgpg.passphrase=<YOUR_GPG_PASSPAHRASE>
- Close the staging repository and announce the temporary stage URL on firstname.lastname@example.org:
Subject: please test staged tycho <VERSION>
Tycho release <VERSION> has been staged. For details of new features and bugfixes, see release notes .
Please help by testing the staged build. To use it, change your tycho version to <VERSION> and add snippet  to your pom.
We plan to promote this release in one week unless major regressions are found.
- Generate site docs for both tycho and tycho-extras using mvn clean install site site:stage and check the result in to tycho homepage site docs
- After ~1 week of testing, promote the stage repository on https://oss.sonatype.org/
- Only drop the staging repository once the artifacts have reached Maven central.
- Push the release tags to git: git push origin --tags
- Browse the Tycho wiki pages to update any hardcoded tycho versions to the latest version
- Update tycho-demo projects to the latest release
- Find out who contributed to the release:
git log --pretty=format:%an tycho-0.<n>..tycho-0.<n+1> | sort | uniq git log --grep="Also-[bB]y:" tycho-0.<n>..tycho-0.<n+1> | grep -i also-by | sed -e 's/.*Also-[bB]y:\s*\(.*\)/\1/' | sort | uniq
- Announce the release on email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, thanking the contributors:
Subject: Tycho <n> released
Tycho <n> has been released and is available from maven central.
See the release notes  for details of enhancements and bug fixes in this release.
who contributed patches for this release.
And thanks and to everyone who helped us with testing the staged version.
Regards, Tycho team
- Update the tycho homepage new and noteworthy section