Revision as of 06:59, 9 October 2012 by Jan.sievers.sap.com
This page describes the steps necessary to create releases of the Tycho project.
- Prepare the Tycho/Release Notes which should provide a quick overview of new features and bug fixes
- Steps below apply to both tycho and tycho-extras git repositories as these should normally be released together and with the same version
- Update versions using
mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version -DnewVersion=...
- Commit version change, create a git tag tycho-<VERSION> on this commit and create a new remote branch tycho-MAJOR.MINOR.x based on this commit in git
- Update versions (same as above) to next -SNAPSHOT development version and push commit to master branch
- Make sure you have everything setup (GPG installed!) for deploying to the Nexus OSS repository, see guide
- Add your credentials for server <OSS_ID> in ~/.m2/settings.xml
- Sync to release commit and deploy to nexus staging repository:
mvn clean deploy -Prelease -DforgeReleaseId=<OSS_ID> -DforgeReleaseUrl=https://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/
- Close the staging repository and announce the temporary stage URL on firstname.lastname@example.org:
Subject: please test staged tycho <VERSION>
Please help testing the staged tycho release <VERSION>.
The staging repository URL is . For details see release notes.
We plan to promote this release in one week unless major regressions are found.
- Generate site docs using mvn clean install site site:stage and check the result in to tycho homepage site docs
- Browse the Tycho wiki pages to update any hardcoded tycho versions to the latest version
- Update tycho-demo projects to the latest release
- Announce the release on email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and the tycho homepage new and noteworthy section