E Komo Mai! The Hawaii Eclipse User's Group exists to provide a place for Eclipse enthusiasts to share, learn and contribute to the Eclipse community. We meet once a month on the 3rd Tuesday at 5:30pm. At each meeting, we'll have a quick dinner (pizza, subs, salads, etc.) and then have a presentation / demo. There will be lots of time for questions and discussion as well.
As this User's group is forming, a list of topics is necessary to move forward. Check out these Topics for consideration.
Please join us!
- 05/26/09 @ 5:30pm Eclipse Hawaii User's Group Meeting @ (IBM Honolulu).
- (Seth Ladd) will speak on (Hadoop) and (Amazon Elastic MapReduce)
- Riding on the excitement from April's presentation on Eclipse and Amazon EC2, we'll be taking a look at a powerful way to take advantage of all that processing potential. Ever wondered how Google crawls and processes the entire web? With incredible amounts of data (on the order or exobytes) being generated across the world, how can one process, analyze, and derive value from it all? At the May meeting of the Eclipse Users' Group, we'll take a look at Hadoop, the open source Map Reduce and distributed file system framework. Map Reduce is a distributed data processing paradigm, originally popularized by Google, built to utilize clusters of commodity machines to crunch very large data sets. Hadoop is an open source implementation of MapReduce, and its supporting systems and frameworks, that you can use right now on your own machines or on Amazon EC2. We'll also look at Eclipse based tools that can help write Map Reduce programs. In addition, we'll be taking a look at Pig, the high level language for writing Hadoop Map Reduce jobs. Using Pig, you can quickly and easily start writing jobs to process your data sets.
- Meet other Eclipse Users
- Share your Eclipse stories
- Enjoy a light dinner sponsored by (IBM) & (Dataskill).
Meeting & Events Archive
Check here for the latest slides and other artifacts from meetings held by eHUG.
Check out Topics for other upcoming events.
We have been very fortunate to have several local and national organizations sponsor the Eclipse Hawaii User's Group. These sponsors have all gone above the call by providing a place to meet, a place to host our web site, and providing food at our events. If you would like the opportunity to become a sponsor, please contact (Greg Hester).
- (IBM Honolulu)
- (Pacific Hi-Tech, Inc.)
- (DigitalChalk, Inc.)
- (TEKSystems, Inc.)
- (State of Hawaii, Attorney Generals Office)
Mailing List: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wiki: Regional Communities/US/Honolulu
If you have questions about the Eclipse Hawaii User's Group, you can contact:
gshester at gmail dot com