Meeting & Events Archive
<insert logos of companies that help by providing food, drinks or meeting space of local events>
each no larger than 200 x 200 pixels
Title: Eclipse/C++/Linux Software Developer (full-time position)
Location: NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
The Intelligent Robotics Group at the NASA Ames Research Center (Moffett Field, CA) has an immediate opening for a full-time software engineer. We are looking for an experienced developer to help NASA send robots to the Moon. Ideal candidates will have a solid history of implementing complex software systems which integrate multiple languages and libraries.
- Work closely with the lead scientist to develop and integrate software for a teleoperated walking robot. This project, which is in its second year, is developing a ground support tool to analyze robot telemetry and to plan footfall locations and motion plans which are provided to operators. This project integrates software tools developed at multiple NASA centers and includes libraries for motion planning, stereo vision, interactive 3D visualization, computation geometry, and operator control user interfaces. Key capabilities for this project will be to integrate and develop code which spans multiple languages, incorporates multiple research libraries, is run-time optimized, is multi-threaded and multi-core, and is flexible to on-going development of component technologies. See below for specific languages and capabilities required.
- Support development of other mobile manipulation software and computational infrastructure as required. This includes encapsulation of custom built software tools into re-usable libraries and tool-suites as they become mature enough to be re-used on multiple projects.
- M.S. (or higher) in computer science.
- Advanced proficiency with C++, Eclipse, Java, JNI, Linux development (GNU tools, svn, etc.) for RedHat Linux, Linux shell scripting, and complex build systems (using Makefiles, Ant, and others).
- Experience with User Interfaces, multi-threaded application, optimization, multi-processor computation, asynchronous device interactions, and inter-processor communications (such as CORBA, JMS, or other).
- At least 2 years experience with structured software engineering and process. Experience with UML and design patterns greatly preferred.
- Strong team-based product development experience (configuration management, build management, regression testing, and documentation).
- Background and experience with robotic manipulation, mobile robotics (preferably including walking robots), and robot software architecture is desirable but not required.
To apply for this position, please send the following via email:
- a letter describing your background and motivation
- a detailed resume (text or PDF format)
- contact details for two (or more) references to Terry Fong <firstname.lastname@example.org>
NOTE: U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status is *required*.
The NASA Ames Intelligent Robotics Group (IRG) is dedicated to enabling humans and robots to explore and learn about extreme environments, remote locations, and uncharted worlds. IRG conducts applied research in a wide range of areas with an emphasis on robotics systems science and field testing. IRG's expertise includes applied computer vision (navigation, 3D surface modeling, automated science support), human-robot interaction, interactive 3D user interfaces, robot software architecture, and planetary rovers. Recent projects include:
NASA Updates to Google Moon: http://moon.google.com Google NASA Planetary Content: http://ti.arc.nasa.gov/projects/planetary Robotic Site Survey: http://haughton2007.arc.nasa.gov GigaPan GigaPixel Panoramas: http://gigapan.org
Mailing List: email@example.com
Community Member Blogs
- Suresh Krishna - http://sureshkrishna.wordpress.com
- Francis Upton - http://dev.eclipse.org/blogs/francis
If you have questions about the BayArea Eclipse Community, you can contact:
Software Developer, suresh dot madhuvarsu at gmail dot com