Regional Eclipse Communities are groups of people located in the same geographic area, that have a keen interest in using and contributing to Eclipse. Regional communities can share ideas, discuss projects, exchange code and compare solutions. Anyone can join a community and most groups will meet in person at least once a year.
- 1 Participate
- 2 Start a Regional Community
- 3 List of Regional Communities
- 4 =Turkey
- 5 Links to Other Mailing Lists and Newsgroups
Find a local group on the community list below. Groups may connect through mailing lists, newsgroups or wikis, so see what's available for your community and introduce yourself to the group.
Start a Regional Community
If you don't see a regional community listed for your area, and you have the time and enthusiasm to dedicate to leading a group, you're welcome to start one by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what city or area you would like to coordinate. There are no set requirements to become a regional community organizer, however we would encourage organizers to commit to arranging at least one in-person meeting per year and to monitor their mailing list or newsgroup for new posts at least weekly.
- We have a Wiki Template that you can use as a guide to start organizing your group.
- If you need an Eclipse speaker for an event, contact Wayne Beaton at email@example.com.
- At EclipseCon 2008, Tonny Madsen of the RCP Company and the eclipse.dk Society in Denmark presented some great tips on organizing a local Eclipse group.
- If you are planning an Eclipse Summit day for your area, we have some templates and tips for promoting.
List of Regional Communities
- Regional Communities/Bulgaria
- firstname.lastname@example.org (18 subscribers)
- email@example.com (18 subscribers)
- North: firstname.lastname@example.org (14 subscribers)
- South: email@example.com (11 subscribers)
- Stuttgart: SIG Eclipse, Java User Group Stuttgart
- North: firstname.lastname@example.org (10 subscribers)
- Budapest: email@example.com (22 subscribers)
- Regional Communities/India
- Bangalore: Bangalore Eclipse Developers' Group
- Pune: Pune Eclipse Developers' Group
- Regional Communities/Russia
- Eclipse Developers' Russian Blog
- Eclipse Developers' Russian Google Group
- firstname.lastname@example.org (71 subscribers)
- Regional Communities/Switzerland
- East (German-speaking): email@example.com (35 subscribers)
- eclipse.users.turkish Eclipse Forum