Revision as of 04:58, 16 January 2013 by Andreas.sewe.codetrails.com (Added some step-by-step descriptions)
This is a action list that should be checked before a new drop is promoted.
- Walk trough all UI test cases and check applicability (especially for postponed scenarios)? Do that a few days before drop date.
- Are all UI test suites running?
- Do all manual test scenarios still work?
- Are all versions in pom.xml, manifest.mf, and feature.xml files updated?
- Run mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version -DnewVersion=<version> from the project parent (as described here)
- Verify correctness by greping for the old version
- Added News and Noteworthy/0.x to org.eclipse.recommenders.doc.user plug-in generation task?
- Added all new plug-in dependencies to feature?
- Are plug-ins available from dev update channel?
- Does a test install in a clean Eclipse installation work?
- Perform a fresh install
- Add the locally-built dev update site (file://GIT_ROOT/dist/org.eclipse.recommenders.repository.rcp.dev.ECLIPSE/target/repository) in the Help/Install New Software... dialog
- Perform an update
- Website updated?
- Marketplace updated?
- Announcements ready?
- Created a post in the forum?