Difference between revisions of "Recommenders/Attic/TeamServer"
m (→Server Configuration)
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
TODO: this should be simplified. Every installation needs to
TODO: this should be simplified. Every installation needs to this .
= Client Configuration =
= Client Configuration =
Revision as of 06:43, 29 October 2011
- Decent Linux/Win/Mac box with 2GHz, 2G RAM and Java 6 or better.
- Apache CouchDB 2.0 or higher (not officially released)
- Code Recommenders Team Server 0.4 or higher
- Download CouchDB developer preview from couchbase.com.
- Install CouchDB.
- Start CouchDB.
- Ensure that CouchDB's welcome page comes up.
- Change os_process_timeout config parameter from '5000' to '10000' or higher. The exact value depends on the power of your machine and the data you process.
Code Recommenders Team Server
- Download Code Recommenders latest team server from here.
- Unzip the server to any directory on your local disc.
- TODO: needless complexity: Start the server using start.sh/.bat/.exe TODO: Change from platform dependent build to start scripts. We don't need a particular mac build...
- TODO: missing! how to create databases and views for non-ui based team server? Should we run a startup script if dbs do not exist?
In $SERVER_HOME/configuration/config.ini, the code search server url has to be modified to point to your actual service that offers the source code files.
TODO: this should be simplified. Every installation needs to change this setting. Is there a simple way to figure out under which IP/name the JAX-RS webservice was queried?
Update your clients to use the new server instead of Code Recommenders' default server by changing the following urls in Preferences>>Code Recommenders:
- Code Search: http://your-team-server:29750/codesearch
- Extdoc: http://your-team-server-name:5984/extdoc (note: port is CouchDB port for extdoc!)
- UDC: http://your-team-server:29750/udc
See Recommenders/TeamServer#User Friendly URLs to see how to get rid of the port numbers.
TODO: Point to a crowd-sourcing page and explain that data needs to be uploaded by the clients into the team server.
TODO: explain how to set up the cron-job to generate new extdoc and calls models on a nightly basis.
User Friendly URLs
Code Recommenders server is per default started on port 29750. You may override this by editing $SERVER_HOME/configuration/configuration.ini or by using an existing Apache HTTPD server as proxy. How to use an existing Apache HTTPD as proxy is shown below:
# in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/proxy.conf add: <IfModule mod_proxy.c> [...] ProxyPass /udc http://localhost:29750/udc ProxyPassReverse /udc http://localhost:29750/udc ProxyPass /extdoc http://localhost:5984/extdoc ProxyPassReverse /extdoc http://localhost:5984/extdoc ProxyPass /codesearch http://localhost:29750/codesearch ProxyPassReverse /codesearch http://localhost:29750/codesearch </IfModule>
Then enable required modules ans restart the server:
> a2enmod proxy > a2enmod proxy_http > service apache2 restart