RT Symposium ESE 2008
This page summaries the slides, discussion and outcome of the RT symposium at the Eclipse Summit Europe 2008.
Towards the Symposium
Upfront to the event we ask attendees to prepare answers for the following questions:
- What is missing from the technology?
- What are the three most important problems with the technology?
- What are the biggest implementation challenges?
- What is your vision for the future?
- What should the projects do (concrete implementation items, general wishes, possible synergies between projects)?
- What confuses you because of too similar but slightly different ways of doing it?
These slides summarizes the answers we got for those questions:
After going through these answers we listed and prioritized topics for the second part of the symposium (votes in brackets):
- Services and Extensions (11-13)
- Combining technologies, problem/technology-matching, Examples, Best Practices (16-20)
- API compatibility / Deprecation (7)
- Cloud / distributed, intra-process-communication, sca, soa, remote-OSGi/services (13-14)
- IP process (2)
- Builds, shipping, provisioning, p2 (18)
Ian Skerrett took a short video of Jeff talking about the RT Symposium: Video-Podcast: Jeff McAffer on the RT Symposium at ESE 2008